Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Santa Fe SE purchased in late October and is now due for first oil change at, according to the maintenance log, 3750 miles. I have owned numerous cars of various brands and have never seen a service interval this low. And it is weird in that the turbo version of this engine is serviced at 4000 miles.Does anyone know why the interval is so low other than a cash grab for the dealer's service department? My last two Hondas were good for 7000 miles although I did change oil and filter at every 5000 miles. Any experience with longer oil change intervals? Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oil change intervals.

A second question for oil changes. Anyone using synthetic oil for their Santa Fe? Pros and cons of synthetic other than the price? Will using synthetics have any impact on the Hyundai warranty since with the longer interval for oil change I wouldn't be following the company recommended service intervals. Don't want to get hassled over this by a dealer if warranty work is needed.

·
Registered
122 Posts
A second question for oil changes. Anyone using synthetic oil for their Santa Fe? Pros and cons of synthetic other than the price? Will using synthetics have any impact on the Hyundai warranty since with the longer interval for oil change I wouldn't be following the company recommended service intervals. Don't want to get hassled over this by a dealer if warranty work is needed.
What's service manual say? Mine (018SF) doesn't talk about either (synthetic vs non) except it does recommend Quaker State. If you're surpassing the mnfctr rec's don't know how it could impact warranty. Not sure though if you have a quick-lube place do the change and not use the Hyundai OEM filter there could be an issue. I do my own but my local Hyundai service tells me they use 5-20 non-synthetic with a Hyundai filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts