Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2021 santa fe limited hybrid and my owners manual says I should change my oil every 8,000 miles. I don’t consider myself driving in extreme conditions. I live in Miami, Florida Is there anything wrong with 8,000 miles?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I always change my oil and filter at 4000 miles. I don't care what the mfg says. Always change it before it gets dirty. And I use a Groupon from Valvoline.

My current car is a lease and free maintenance for 3 years, so I will do what they say this time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would call the dealer to make sure as I just bought a 2022 Santa Fe and your correct the manual calls for 8000 but I saw a schedule on the internet that said 7500 miles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
3,000 is dino oil
Some habits die hard, I get it

I havent verified what exact oil these used yet but Im sure at minimum its a synthetic blend, to full synthetic. 5,000 is about where my computer started barkin about a "servicing" in my '21 Hybrid

I dont like the Hyundai version, Im used to seeing what % I have left so I can plan my oil changes around that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I have a 2018 and I have found now with in 4000 mi I have no oil on the stick! I’m not leaking out on the ground or on the car! Where is my oil going???

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, 8K is a lie. Go by your manual for the MAXIMUM interval, which is 7,500 miles, at least under warranty. I personally do 1K initially, then 5K, but there's a lot of short-distance driving involved. And do it myself with full synthetic M1 0w/30, and OEM filters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts