Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all . . .
New to this forum . . Have picked up a 2006 Santa Fe 4WD CRTD CDX 2.0. . (??!!) . .for just £500.
Thought it might be useful during the funny weather period approaching. . . . ;-)

All looks good . .But will be changing the timing belt, etc. and looking at the status of the turbo . . .
(Found some oil at the Intercooler input hose . . .!!)

But looking forward to driving her around for social reasons . . not for work.

Will input any findings during my work on her to this forum . . .
Regards, tc542

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ABS Light on . . Intermittently . .

Hi All . . . First job I am getting stuck into is an intermittent 'ABS' light on . . !!
Watched a couple of 'You Tube' videos highlighting a possible cause . . The ABS Sensor ring.
Found the one on the Front Offside is cracked. Stripped the drive shaft down to get access to it . . .
Lower strut bolt was a bit of a pig to get out . . But found that supporting the lower swivel with a jack helped to hammer it out.
Thought I'd replace the ABS sensor whilst at it . . .(May have got damaged due to the ring problem . . . )
Was, a total pig to remove . . The fixing bolt . .10mm? . .wouldn't move . . snapped it in the end . . (No problem.)
Then the sensor, even though the body is made of nylon/plastic, wouldn't shift . . . !!!??? Ended up pretty much 'cutting' it off, then having to drill down the sides of the sensor, then removed the rest by punching it through once the drive shaft was seperated from the bearing housing.
Just waiting for the parts to arrive now . . then fingers crossed . . . ;-)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi All . . . ABS light now off . . :)
Once I got the broken/cracked ring off . . Cleaned up the mounting point . . . Heated the new one with a hot air gun and slid it into place.
Fitted a new ABS sensor . . Checked it was generally working with a meter across the 2 wires & spinning the wheel . . . small voltages, but working.
Re-fitted everything and tested . . .All OK. . . . and ABS working fine.
All in all, not a hard job to do . . But needed a selection of tools to get everything out, then cleaning up, and re-tapping a screw hole for the ABS sensor . . . . . :)
Regards, tc542

1 - 3 of 3 Posts