Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased new 2021 Santa Fe Limited. I want to disengage the smart cruise control and have it like a traditional cruise control since I was almost rear ended when a person cut in front of us (but was accelerating) with no danger of hitting him if it was traditional cruise control. I have not driven the car since since I have a cinder block foot and need cruise control to keep my license. Love the vehicle otherwise, but I want to drive it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Purchased new 2021 Santa Fe Limited. I want to disengage the smart cruise control and have it like a traditional cruise control since I was almost rear ended when a person cut in front of us (but was accelerating) with no danger of hitting him if it was traditional cruise control. I have not driven the car since since I have a cinder block foot and need cruise control to keep my license. Love the vehicle otherwise, but I want to drive it.
There is a way to switch the smart cruise off through the settings but you can also switch it off when driving if your model is the same as the 2017/18 version. With the cruise control on press the cancel button to stop the system operating and then press and hold the distance button for a few seconds which should then turn the smart system off. you can then set the cruise speed as normal. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! However, tried that after viewing some Youtube videos, but it did not work. The dealer didn't know how to do it when my wife took it in for it's 3000 maintence. I sent emails to Hyundai and they did not give me an answer, but finally stated that someone would be calling me. Still no call. I hope it is just a software reset to fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts