Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T died over the holidays. At first, I thought my car was on fire. Died in the middle of a very busy intersection. (I'm not going to call out all of the idiots drivers that were honking and flipping me off) The very thick Black smoke started to die down so only the police came to my rescue and push me to safety. The mileage is 112,000. I had it towed to my trusted mechanic who said the motor was blown and out of oil. With that comment I thought, Holy crap I blew up my motor not checking the oil. I did a ton of Googling and found this was a huge issue and hundreds of folks went thru the same thing. Some did catch on fire. BUT.. almost all said there was no oil left. I did NOT blow up my engine due to neglect. And to make things worse.... my last payment is Jan 19th. My mechanic said he could get a low mileage motor installed for $7500! No F'n way. So now I have a worthless car. I called Hyundai and they reminded me I had the extended warranty to 120,000. It got recalled for block manufacturing issues a while back, it was checked out and passed inspection. I had it towed to the dealer ($85) and said they'd let me know in a few days if the motor would be replaced under warranty. I got that call and was told I'd be getting a new long block and there was one in stock in Dallas. It only took a week to swap motors. I got my car back on 01/14. New motor, new starter, and new wiring harness (fried) When I picked up my car, I asked my service manager to come out to my car. I handed him $50 cash...lol. So i'm out $85 (towing) and $50 (consulting fee) All of my family says never buy another Hyundai. I've had 3 Genesis Coupes and still have a 2016 Coupe. I will not hesitate to by anther Hyundai. Thanks for your time. -alan

·
Registered
167 Posts
thanx for sharing. It's heartening for us who own SantaFe's to read about Hyundai success stories. On my 3rd, they have stood behind their products so far with mine. Good job.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that my car is paid off... I'm wanting to spend some $$$ on upgrades/accessories. What have y'all upgraded? I have a K&N air filter - painted rims flat Black - I like the stock Infinity stereo, might need a sub woofer though. Maybe upgrade the brakes and shocks. The only issue right now is I can't open my sun-roof. If I do, I may never get it to close. I've cleaned the tracks, Any trick for that? Check out the temperature and speedometer. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.