Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I will be waiting a year. The best guess is Jan to March. I hope it’s worth the wait. I could have ordered a hybrid model and be here in October. Really hope it’s worth the wait. Put the deposit down, but they haven’t even ordered the car.

Kingston Ontario
Canada

· Registered
79 Posts
Welcome to the wait. Grab a lawn chair and join the rest of us. I may need to replace my lawn chair soon as I’ve been waiting 168 days so far with no estimate for delivery at all. (as of the date of this post). Remember that delivery estimates are based on from time of accepted order…not when you preordered.

Latest rumour is the order portal may open in August for PHEV models. Hyundai and Kia have a backlog of over a million MY22 vehicles globally to work through yet.

Don’t expect any communication from Hyundai or your dealership prior to the order actually being placed. You will get more information from these forums and others. Be proactive with your dealership. In other words touch base with them every couple of months. If you see that other Canadian forum members are finally getting their MY23 PHEV orders placed then go in with that information and ask very specific questions otherwise you will get ambiguous and misleading answers.

When I heard that the portal opened (didn’t know it was just for ICE vehicles) I texted my salesperson and got “we’re on it” in response. That was just his way of blowing me off. He never even looked into it or clarified for me even when I confronted him in person. I hope you have a reliable dealership.

MY23 is a carry over with the only significant change being the bigger 10.25” infotainment screen. Pro. It is bigger. Con. It loses wireless android auto and apple CarPlay. (Most likely due to licensing issues).

Take all rumours with a truckload of salt. And get a comfy lawn chair.

· Registered
10 Posts
We bought a Luxury Hybrid while we wait as our lease was ending and we didn't want to buy it out.
One feature that I love is the wireless Android/Apple CarPlay.
It is so nice just to jump into the car and be connected. I will have to look into the adapters for my truck and try one out.
Hopefully adapters will work flawlessly with the PHEV with the larger screen.
Haven't really used the wireless charger yet. Only had the HEV for a month and with the summer heat, I have not wanted to stuff my phone into a hot console for charging.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts