Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got a 2022 Santa Fe Hybrid Premium on Saturday. Very excited. Kind of a fluke. Very few new cars are on lots locally, so I didn't expect much when I stopped to look at Santa Fe's at the dealer. I was informed they had two gas models and were detailing a hybrid they just got in that morning. Ended up buying it, as it was exactly what I was looking for. Really happy to have found it!

Anyway, I am looking for any information to be had on two items.

1. Has anyone found a spare tire/jack/suspension mount to put a tire under a hybrid? There looks to be a well for it, and access for the lowering system inside, but the dealer service/parts center said none of those pieces, including the tire, were available for the hybrid. I'd rather not rely on the "Fix-A-Flat" and compressor they provide as a solution. I've seen too many sidewall tears over the years.

2. Has anyone put a hitch on a Santa Fe Hybrid? It's rated for 2000lbs towing, which is enough for a small trailer with a jet ski, ATV, moped, or motorcycle. That's all I'd like to do with it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We just got a 2022 Santa Fe Hybrid Premium on Saturday. Very excited. Kind of a fluke. Very few new cars are on lots locally, so I didn't expect much when I stopped to look at Santa Fe's at the dealer. I was informed they had two gas models and were detailing a hybrid they just got in that morning. Ended up buying it, as it was exactly what I was looking for. Really happy to have found it!

Anyway, I am looking for any information to be had on two items.

1. Has anyone found a spare tire/jack/suspension mount to put a tire under a hybrid? There looks to be a well for it, and access for the lowering system inside, but the dealer service/parts center said none of those pieces, including the tire, were available for the hybrid. I'd rather not rely on the "Fix-A-Flat" and compressor they provide as a solution. I've seen too many sidewall tears over the years.

2. Has anyone put a hitch on a Santa Fe Hybrid? It's rated for 2000lbs towing, which is enough for a small trailer with a jet ski, ATV, moped, or motorcycle. That's all I'd like to do with it.

Thanks in advance.
I have the 2022 plug in luxury hybrid model (Canadian version as the American version has more features I believe) and it comes with a jack and full spare

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
excuse me jsrfo you bought a new car that has no spare? W--HH-AAA-TTTT???
Yeah, they came with a compressor and a sealant. You put the sealant in, and the compressor fills the tire. My sister has a 2020 Acura SUV. Same thing. I'm sure there's more. Kinda sucks but finding the Hybrid here was a challenge.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That fixaflat crap won't work with a blowout. It's an economics thing. It let's them make more profit along with a lighter weight for gas mileage average. Go to a salvage yard and get the needed parts from a wrecked vehicle. It should be able to be mounted securely bolted on. I added a spare that way on my MH that had space but no hardware.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, I'm still looking for information on turning off the Smart Cruise Control, so that it just operates in normal mode, no vehicle follow.

I have looked at as many videos as I could find on the Smart Cruise Control (SCC). None of the videos are for the 2022 Santa Fe or Hybrid, and none of the ones I found worked. Additionally, the dealer directions have not been helpful either.

So, SCC works well, but cannot be disabled. My question is whether it can be disabled at all on the 2022 Santa Fe.

I ask because I have read some discussions where on 2022's, it appears to only operate in the SCC mode, an apparent change for the 2022 model year. In fact, all the tutorials I have seen are for older vehicles.

So, if anyone can put this to rest for me, please let me know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK, I'm still looking for information on turning off the Smart Cruise Control, so that it just operates in normal mode, no vehicle follow.
Morning.
Try holding down the adaptive cruise control button until it is disabled. Here is a video for reference. It's for a Kona but it's the same software. This worked on my 2022 SF PHEV. GL.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid Limited
6 Posts

I have looked at as many videos as I could find on the Smart Cruise Control (SCC). None of the videos are for the 2022 Santa Fe or Hybrid, and none of the ones I found worked. Additionally, the dealer directions have not been helpful either.

So, SCC works well, but cannot be disabled. My question is whether it can be disabled at all on the 2022 Santa Fe.

I ask because I have read some discussions where on 2022's, it appears to only operate in the SCC mode, an apparent change for the 2022 model year. In fact, all the tutorials I have seen are for older vehicles.

So, if anyone can put this to rest for me, please let me know.
Glad you are enjoying your new purchase! We had a similarly surprising sales experience when we got ours, certainly weren't expecting to find one on the lot but we did! There are several posts on this forum, and others that do a good job detailing what's required to add a spare tire.

There are also several hitch options, including the Hyundai oem accessory, and others that can be purchased on-line, or direct from retailers. For example, I purchased a Curt hitch (model 13473) from U-haul and installed it myself, a relatively easy job in comparison to other vehicles I've installed hitches on.

Also, re: your question about Smart Cruise Control, I hope you do love it, because there is no way to revert to a traditional (dumb?) cruise control.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I cannot disable smart cruise on my 2022 SF, like I could with all other Hyundai vehicles in the past, including my ex-2021 Palisade Calligraphy. Don't understand why, but that's what it is. Oh, and can't do it on my 2023 G70 either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts