Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, New Sante Fe owner of beautiful 2022 Limited Plug-in Hybrid that took months to find in the Philadelphia suburbs, actually bought it in nearby New Jesrsey. Just completed a 1000 mile trip and noticed the battery percentage fall very quickly from 100% down to 13% where it seems to stabilize and vary from 13% to 15% for hours of I assume "hybrid" mode. I was hoping in hybrid mode the battery would charge higher and don't know if what I'm experiencing is safe and normal? Can anybody confirm if dropping down to 13% is normal? Thanx,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Hi, New Sante Fe owner of the beautiful 2022 Limited Plug-in Hybrid that took months to find in the Philadelphia suburbs, actually bought it in nearby New Jersey. Just completed a 1000 mile trip and noticed the battery percentage fall very quickly from 100% down to 13% where it seems to stabilize and vary from a charge level of 13% to 15% for hours of I assume "hybrid" mode driving. I was hoping in hybrid mode the battery would charge to a higher percentage like 50% and don't know if what I'm experiencing is safe and normal? Can anybody confirm if dropping way down to 13% is normal? Thanx, UPDATE: new low of 12% just attained but charged up to 14% in HYBRID mode after about 20 minutes of city highway driving at about 60 mph.
UPDATE 1/10/22: Made 2 calls to one of the national Hyundai General Information? centers in Albany (NY?) and neither person there said they knew if my situation was normal and they suggested I call my dealer. I have a text message into my very young salesman who already advised me he knew very little about the car he sold me other than everybody who had bought one likes them and he hadn't heard of any problems with them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts