Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey team and thanks in advance

have a 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.4l, the other day had the MIL come on, gear selector indicator on the dash disappear and the trans convert so some weird semi-limp mode and the jerky Drive / Reverse selection from park. Went to the local mechanic who scanned and came back with the code P0705 - for the neutral safety switch. Went and picked up a replacement as it’s an easy DIY job, and the F*%#ing nut is fused to the transmission input shaft bolt. I really don’t
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Automotive fuel system

want to stress it and do some damage to the input shaft, but does anyone have any ideas how I should remove this damned nut? Heat with a torch? Get a nut splitter on it?

Thanks so much

nick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you Get this Nut off yet? In My experience working with Vintage Vehicles from L8 1920's and up! Your Going have to cut the NUT off carefully! You need the Shaft in the best shape possible! Cover the work area with a Quite damp Cloth, you need to keep Filings away from Wiring, and Seals! Dremel Tool or similar Tool Time & Thin cutting wheels, and face shield! Cut the Nut at 1 o'clock & 7 o'clock Parallel with the Squared sides of the shaft, With a Flat Blade Screw Driver pry the Nut apart carefully off the shaft!

Clean the threads of the shaft with a Rotary Wire brush, and Spray frequently with water! As Water caused the Rust, it Penetrates Rust the Best! Keeps the Brush from Heating, and Mushing over! A Tin Nut May be Better now with the Tired stressed threads! The original Nut Size will likely be to exact for the composted Shaft Threads!
D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd try an impact wrench if one fits. Or a cold chisel, tapping to try to turn if off. Grip a bare hacksaw blade in a pair of vise-grips and cut the nut.
The Shaft that the nut is on, operates the Gear Selection of the Transmission! "impact wrench if one fits. Or a cold chisel " is to Rough for that assembly! Break that shaft, and the Transmission is a Ornament! A $3,000 Rebuild on a vehicle worth $1,500. Not a good situation!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts