Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a tip on connecting to a 12v power feed above the front mirror? I have a 2017 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T.

Thanks! Larry

·
Registered
41 Posts
Do you mean like adding a dashcam? I put mine on the top left of the windshield. Routed the cable from the 12v center console outlet to above the steering column, then up the A pillar behind the moulding.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean like adding a dashcam? I put mine on the top left of the windshield. Routed the cable from the 12v center console outlet to above the steering column, then up the A pillar behind the moulding.
Thanks. It’s for a rear view camera monitor that goes over the standard mirror. Was hoping I could just tap into + and - wires to keep from running to the fuse panel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It takes a lot of fiddling, but you might be able to tap 12V from the back of the overhead cabin lights. Far better to put a piggyback lead on a suitable existing fuse in the fusebox located under the dashboard, route the cable under the dashboard across to the driver's door pillar, up behind the A-pillar cover, then across to the rear view mirror, hiding it between the front lip of the roof lining and windscreen .... There are several videos on youTube on how to remove the A pillar cover (generally associated with Dash-cam installs). good luck with it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts