Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Santa Fe which I love but unfortunately it has recently had a motor issue. The motor is being replaced by Hyundai. My question is to those that have had the motor issue and had it replaced, how is the new motor working or did you decide to sell/trade in the vehicle and why.

·
Registered
128 Posts
sorry I can't answer your question but just asking could you expound on the circumstances leading up to a new motor replacement? Is it basically covered under the 10yr warranty? Personally I wouldn't sell anything I enjoyed driving, but understand your questioning the end product

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2015 Santa Fe which I love but unfortunately it has recently had a motor issue. The motor is being replaced by Hyundai. My question is to those that have had the motor issue and had it replaced, how is the new motor working or did you decide to sell/trade in the vehicle and why.
Keep it . I’m sure it will be like new again . They are strong engines normally. Not know a single person in uk that has had problems like that , but then again we only have the 2.2 diesel and it’s a good work horse for a 2 ton Baby mover

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry I can't answer your question but just asking could you expound on the circumstances leading up to a new motor replacement? Is it basically covered under the 10yr warranty? Personally I wouldn't sell anything I enjoyed driving, but understand your questioning the end product
The motor issue is well known here in Canada in fact there has been a class action law suit. The car just died as I was leaving the freeway. No power, no gas, engine light on. I was lucky I didn't lose my steering ( which can happen) but I did lose my breaks. Was able to coast into a parking lot. Turned the engine off and sat for a minute or two. Decided to try it and see if it would go. The car started fine, I did a couple more errands no problem. Once again on the freeway close to my exit it lost power, screeched, had grinding noises, jerked etc. I was able to get off the freeway but there was no shoulder to park on and call for a tow truck so had to keep going. The motor is being replaced free of charge.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not a Santa Fe, but a 2011 Sonata with the same 2.4L engine. Died at about 62K miles and was replaced free of charge by Hyundai :). Took about 5 weeks for the replacement -- this was about 4 to 5 years ago, and I believe lots of engines were failing. During the down time, Hyundai provided a free rental vehicle (Mazda) which had lots of features the Sonata did not have. We continued to drive the Sonata without issues for about another 6K miles, but all the time thinking about those Mazda features, especially "blind spot detection". We then found a used (10K miles repo) 2017 Santa Fe Sport with those features and more, bought it, and sold the Sonata. The purchaser was happy to get a car with only 6K miles on the engine; I think that actually increased the value of the Sonata...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts