1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I have a 2007 2.2diesel Santa Fe.
car is not reving right.
starts runs fine. Come to a stand still at give way etc and no response from gas pedal. Hold it down for 10-15 seconds and enough power to get moving again.
I’ve changed Throttle body and accelerator pedal but still the same.
took readings and getting
MAF = 1.8 lb/m at idle
MAP = 38 hg at idle
Already changed maf and got map on order, could I be looking else where??
TIA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try the following to see if it makes any difference :
1) it's possible that the intercooler vacuum cables were mistakenly swapped around (the two rubber hoses on the left hand side of the intercooler).

Or

2) Disconnect the Egr Solenoid valve (at the back of the engine). This can be done by hand and is easily accessible. Check to see if you can pull off easily or not. If you can pull off easily then it may be your Egr that is stuck, allowing too much exhaust gas into your intake at idle, causing this loss of low end power until the turbo spools up.

Let us know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried pulling egr plug off and it’s on good and tight.
as far as I can tell vacuum is on right way around. On inter cooler the vacuum is closest to firewall and the other goes directly to the turbo actuator.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try the following to see if it makes any difference :
1) it's possible that the intercooler vacuum cables were mistakenly swapped around (the two rubber hoses on the left hand side of the intercooler).

Or

2) Disconnect the Egr Solenoid valve (at the back of the engine). This can be done by hand and is easily accessible. Check to see if you can pull off easily or not. If you can pull off easily then it may be your Egr that is stuck, allowing too much exhaust gas into your intake at idle, causing this loss of low end power until the turbo spools up.

Let us know.
Took pipe off egr solenoid and it effected the engine so assuming it’s working. Has suction on the pipe.
ill Try getting it to do the fault then see if removing the pipe makes a difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.