Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi: I'm new to the forum, but apparently my problem is not new. We purchased a 2018 Santa Fe Ltd. 2.0 turbo on Aug. 3. Since day one, I've experienced the same hesitation problem when accelerating from zero. If I'm awaiting oncoming traffic to turn left, and attempt to proceed, the hesitation before we accelerate puts us in a dangerous situation. I'm taking the vehicle for scheduled service, and plan to show the list of complaints related to this problem, but based on past experience with Hyundai (we had a 2012 Sonata with an illuminated airbag light) and the standard "no recall" was the answer we got. Ironically, we did receive a recall notice just as we finalized the deal on the Santa Fe. We live in Ontario, and it seems recalls lag behind with Hyundai Canada, however the same dangerous condition persists. Please advise of any updates, it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi: I'm new to the forum, but apparently my problem is not new. We purchased a 2018 Santa Fe Ltd. 2.0 turbo on Aug. 3. Since day one, I've experienced the same hesitation problem when accelerating from zero. If I'm awaiting oncoming traffic to turn left, and attempt to proceed, the hesitation before we accelerate puts us in a dangerous situation. I'm taking the vehicle for scheduled service, and plan to show the list of complaints related to this problem, but based on past experience with Hyundai (we had a 2012 Sonata with an illuminated airbag light) and the standard "no recall" was the answer we got. Ironically, we did receive a recall notice just as we finalized the deal on the Santa Fe. We live in Ontario, and it seems recalls lag behind with Hyundai Canada, however the same dangerous condition persists. Please advise of any updates, it would be appreciated.

Try a Google search with “Hyundai 2.0T recall.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts