Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I’m struggling with a question I’ve had for my 2017 Santa Fe sport. It has 9005/hb3 bulb fittings but takes an h7 bulb. For my low beams I upgraded to leds from halogens and used 9005 to h7 adaptors to for it to work and switched out the h7 bulb base for the 9005 so it would fit in the housing. I’m trying to upgrade the high beams to match the light color and these bulbs are same setup. I’ve searched relentlessly but can’t find this answer: since the car has 9005 bulb holders and connectors, can I just use a 9005 led kit or do I need to go through the exercise of making an h7 led have 9005 bulb base and connector adaptor?

·
Registered
3 Posts
@Casey -
I have a 2013 Limited XL.
Worst headlights in the history of the automobile!
I had a bad experience trying to upgrade to LED low beams using Xenon Depot equipment.
What did you do for your low-beam LED conversion ?

Thanks
Peter

·
Registered
7 Posts
Santa Fe Hyundai LED Headlight

Hello! I’m struggling with a question I’ve had for my 2017 Santa Fe sport. It has 9005/hb3 bulb fittings but takes an h7 bulb. For my low beams I upgraded to leds from halogens and used 9005 to h7 adaptors to for it to work and switched out the h7 bulb base for the 9005 so it would fit in the housing. I’m trying to upgrade the high beams to match the light color and these bulbs are same setup. I’ve searched relentlessly but can’t find this answer: since the car has 9005 bulb holders and connectors, can I just use a 9005 led kit or do I need to go through the exercise of making an h7 led have 9005 bulb base and connector adaptor?

Hi here! I know what you mean. Mine is H7.

Please see my post under the name of suvjayled - LED Headlight (with pictures)

cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just picked up a 2018 Santa Fe SE XL and was looking to do the same upgrade. Have you had any success with this?
Hi Guys,

Hope you are well.

Just letting you know that I have Hyundai Santa Fe 2012 and I have been doing some research about the LED. The problem is the OEM housing socket hole that is small too small to fit any LED conversion bulb. There are 2 things you need to remember.

1) The OEM Housing socket hole is too small
2) You will need the bulb retainer holder adapter.

I have bought the Lasfit H7 LED and the LED will not go inside the OEM housing socket hole. I cannot forced it. The only solution is to round file on the hole top and bottom hole for about 10 mins. The LED will go inside the OEM housing socket and your retainer holder adapter will lock inside headlight socket.

Here is the picture of the OEM housing socket. All you need to do is to half file the top & bottom hole then your LED will fit right inside. You will need the retainer adapter to use the the LED

Have a great one!

See my post under my name - suvjayled - LED Headlight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
LED headlight upgrade

After trying a few different products, I landed on the "Cougar Motor X-Small H11, H8, H9 LED Headlight Bulb, 10000Lm 6500K All-in-One Conversion Kit - Cool White (on Amazon)
$37.00 for a pair.
Sorry I couldn't post a link - this site won't allow me to.

Truly a plug & play product, with no modification needed.
Hard to say how the longevity of the lamps will be - we haven't been driving much.
No apparent issues with flicker or any other electrical challenges.
A vast improvement over the stock bulbs, both in terms of output & look.
Although probably not the brightest LED, they are worth the cost IMO.

Good luck.
Photo (flipped) attached. Hard to see with the sun in the background.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
nice going.

I think your model will not have any problem with the OEM housing socket while mine was really complicated to fit inside the hole. Glad I have found Lasfit H7 LED bulb.

cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts