Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Newbie here so go easy, lol.
Just brought a 2012 and after a few days the climate control screen started strobing shades of blue with a darker zone towards the bottom of the screen.
Anyone else have this and what to do to fix would be a great help.
Cheers
Darryl

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've a 2012 Limited with the auto climate control. It will do this sometimes. Lower left corner will darken and flicker at times. Only does it like once a month. I'm sure it will get worse. My guess is only repair is replacing that panel, but I don't know for sure. Maybe someone can tell us another idea.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi esldude,
Took my Hyundai to dealership and fortuity it did flicker and they told me it is the LCD light.
They're going to remove and fix next week, will post how it goes.
Funny enough it hasn't done it since.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well good then. If it has a bulb, maybe replacing it isn't too big a deal. I figured it was all made together.

BTW, I find that panel and even more so the radio LCD much too bright at night even on lowest setting. I'd like to be able to get lower wattage bulbs or maybe tint the bulb to dim it a bit. Or if there is room to put a resistor in series to tone those down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well !!! Just my Hyundai back, they took the climate control display unit out and sent it away to replace LCD bulb and refitted it 4 hours later.
There was no cost as I had just purchased the vehicle and pleased to report that so far all good.
Yeah the display is bright, but to be honest it doesn't worry me. The flickering did and I found it distracting.
Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.