1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

First post, have about 18000 miles on my 2014 Santa fe T, copper color,
love that vehicle!
Have some issues with one key fob, left it in my bag on passenger seat, went into store to grab a coffee, was locked out of vehicle? no way to get the door open, called the dealer, they tell me its not possible ( I am walking back home in the rain....) happens twice, once in my garage also. Dealer checked both keys, said they check out fine, could not replicate the problem... I am more careful about where my key is locate these days...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
5 month later, dealer still claims its impossible.... my vehicle locks itself regularly, I NEVER leave the key inside.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds like a body control module is flaking out. Intermittent problems can be a nightmare to diagnose. And par for the course, they seem to never happen when we take them in. I have had a similar issue with a Nissan titan. Luckily a close friend works for Nissan and we narrowed it down over time. It still took about six months of logging the conditions. Wet or dry smooth road or bumpy..... Things like that. A BCM is not a cheap fix so that is not the first thing they are going to jump on at the dealership

1 - 3 of 3 Posts