Hyundai Santa Fe Enthusiast Talk and Discussion Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used certified 2018 SanteFe Ult from a Hyundai dealer. The buying process went descent until this happeneed. They told me that one of the key FOBs was missing and that "Hyundai requires us to provide 2 key FOBs with a CPO sale". They said I had to purchase the second FOB at a cost of $350. To me this seems unethical and wrong. Anyone here know the facts on this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently purchased a used certified 2018 SanteFe Ult from a Hyundai dealer. The buying process went descent until this happeneed. They told me that one of the key FOBs was missing and that "Hyundai requires us to provide 2 key FOBs with a CPO sale". They said I had to purchase the second FOB at a cost of $350. To me this seems unethical and wrong. Anyone here know the facts on this?
Same thing happened to me. Not until everything was completed did they tell me there was only one key. I was not happy when they wanted nearly $500 for a key! I did finally get one for $275 but wasn’t happy. If it hadn’t been just what we were looking for, I would have walked. Dealers earn their reputations. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's right, there should be two keys if you buy used car. Increase the safety of your car and check the VIN number of the car in this case, maybe it is not all right with the documents. This will help you buy a normal car and protect yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts