Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Santa Fe 7 seater- intermittently when I start the car, the dome light doesn’t go out and I cannot push in the release button on the shifter... just hear a clicking on the steering column. I can easily use the over ride button and be on my way- then it works fine the next time. There is no telling when it will happen could be on a cold start, could be after I have been driving and just stop to pump gas. Dealership cannot figure it out. Anyone seen this issue? My thoughts are that it is an ignition switch issue since the dome light doesn’t go out when I am having this issue... like the car doesn’t know it actually got started. When it is working properly the dome light goes out instantly when started. I am stranded because I have to valet park at work and they won’t touch it after it happened to them once.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump- really need some help here- dealership said they fixed it... I questioned how the shift assembly would fix this given all the different issues happening at once... low and behold it is not fixed. Yesterday the valet driver couldn’t move it and it put me in a pretty big jam at work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts