Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to try to update the system software for my 2022 PHEV Limited. Being from a software company background, I didn't anticipate any insurmountable issues. Formatted my brand new Sandisk 64GB with exFAT spec per Hyundai. Downloaded the proper software from the table for 2022 PHEV onto laptop. Extracted files per instructions. wouldn't finish the download due to one file. Tried to open that file and it asked me for the password. Nowhere was I able to find any information on a password being required. So, I thought perhaps the software was looking for a factory password embedded in the car's system. Brought my SanDisk out, plugged into the USB and message popped up "FILE FORMAT NOT RECOGNIZED" Went back and re-read the Hyunda Update Guide For Display Audio GEN2V. Believe I did everything per instructions. Did a complete do over with same results. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?
Thnaks, Soxx

· Registered
157 Posts
You need to download the software directly to the USB. I know it's not what the instructions say, but they're wrong. In some instances it worked, but for many of us, it didn't. After downloading directly to the USB, ZERO issues after many software updates on 3 vehicles (Palisade Calligraphy, SF Calligraphy, G70 SP). What you need to do is insert the USB before even downloading the uploader, so it recognizes the USB as a 'hard drive'. What I had to do the first time was remove the updater (from the settings menu 'add/remove programs'). I also erased everything from the 'downloads' folder, and started from scratch. Format (quick format, which takes a second) your USB again as 'EXFAT', and leave it there. Then download the updater again, and when you open it, verify the USB is listed as the default 'hard drive' (like it happened to me every time). If not, open the dialog box, and see if the USB is listed there as a hard drive (it should), select it, and continue as usual. Everything should work perfectly after selecting the USB as the hard drive. You don't have to do anything to the USB; just insert it in the car before or after hitting 'update' on the menu. Hope this helps. And report back if it solved your issue :).

· Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid Limited
19 Posts
Decided to try to update the system software for my 2022 PHEV Limited. Being from a software company background, I didn't anticipate any insurmountable issues. Formatted my brand new Sandisk 64GB with exFAT spec per Hyundai. Downloaded the proper software from the table for 2022 PHEV onto laptop. Extracted files per instructions. wouldn't finish the download due to one file. Tried to open that file and it asked me for the password. Nowhere was I able to find any information on a password being required. So, I thought perhaps the software was looking for a factory password embedded in the car's system. Brought my SanDisk out, plugged into the USB and message popped up "FILE FORMAT NOT RECOGNIZED" Went back and re-read the Hyunda Update Guide For Display Audio GEN2V. Believe I did everything per instructions. Did a complete do over with same results. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?
Thnaks, Soxx
I think you may have started with the wrong software. From your description, if you are downloading Display Audio GEN2V, that is not for your vehicle. If you have a Limited, you have the larger display screen and built in navigation. The software you want is the Navigation Updater, linked here:

Notice | Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website

Once you install the Navigation Updater application, and select your specific model, the software will then format your USB drive and download / copy the update files to it. You do not do any manual copying / extracting, the Updater application manages that.

Good luck!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you may have started with the wrong software. From your description, if you are downloading Display Audio GEN2V, that is not for your vehicle. If you have a Limited, you have the larger display screen and built in navigation. The software you want is the Navigation Updater, linked here:

Notice | Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website

Once you install the Navigation Updater application, and select your specific model, the software will then format your USB drive and download / copy the update files to it. You do not do any manual copying / extracting, the Updater application manages that.

Good luck!
Bingo!! Spot on. Worked perfectly. Update complete. My confusion started with the Notifications page that lists Display Audio as well as Navigation Map updates. Assumed 2 updates. Sincerely appreciate your guidance. Happy to see the old tube radio display gone. My software was from 2021.
Thanks again,

Soxx

· Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid Limited
19 Posts
Bingo!! Spot on. Worked perfectly. Update complete. My confusion started with the Notifications page that lists Display Audio as well as Navigation Map updates. Assumed 2 updates. Sincerely appreciate your guidance. Happy to see the old tube radio display gone. My software was from 2021.
Thanks again,

Soxx
Good deal, enjoy your ride!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts