Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While approaching a stop light I disengaged the ISG switch. As the light changed I stepped on the gas pedal and the rpms immediately backed down. I was able to continue by gradually stepping on the gad peddle and attained a speed of 50mph. However anytime I depressed the accelerator as in normal driving, the engine backed down and I had to depress the pedal slowly to move again. Dealer said it had a fuel rail code. Waiting to hear from them. Anyone have similar problems?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I’ve not experienced this. However I think the ISG is not related to the fuel rail issue. You noticed it about the time you disengaged the ISG. Coincidence. You would have experienced the same results if you had not disabled the ISG. Just my opinion though…. Let the dealer address the fuel rail issue and all will be good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi...can I jump in here with an almost same/same problem with our 2011 Santa Fe. ...scenario..sitting at an intersection..light changes and there is the acceleration..and then nothing. RPM's drop right off...no dash lights..no sounds...The engine doesn't shut off....usually have to coast to the curb...pump the accelerator a couple of times and away it goes. There are no codes being thrown. We (the shop) have begun switching parts...

Thanks...

Gary Haupt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts