Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Caligraphy is one week old. I've downloaded the latest map update but I'm afraid to install it. There is a thread where some say that the update slows the system, other threads talk about features disappearing. Anyone have experience with the latest update (I downloaded it on April 25, 2022).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah, the system is slow already. After I installed my 2nd update from last month, now my Android auto is jacked up. I can no longer use the 1\3 right side of the screen to scroll thru things. The android auto logo just sits there.

It's a freaking mess

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can tell you there are some issues. On my Calligraphy 2022 sending locations to the vehicle via the Bluelink app fails. Ticket submitted to the engineering team. On the heads-up display I choose to have radio/media information be displayed. Before the update when streaming bluetooth or CarPlay, changing of tracks would display on the HUD. Now it only displays when you manually ff/rew tracks but not on its own. Ticket submitted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update: Got a response from the AutoEver maps engineering team saying nothing they support for maps affects Bluelink and the error of not sending locations to my vehicle. Here's their response:

We do recommend reinstalling the update, or trying a hard reset by disconnecting the positive battery terminal for at least 4 hours. If these steps do not resolve the issue, we would have to recommend reaching out to Hyundai Customer Care for further assistance since BlueLink was unable to assist.

So I will wait till the update is once again available and try to reinstall it. I wish I had tried the Bluelink app before the update to satisfy whether or not the update caused my error. If anyone who updated to the latest software can try tried Bluelink I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My Caligraphy is one week old. I've downloaded the latest map update but I'm afraid to install it. There is a thread where some say that the update slows the system, other threads talk about features disappearing. Anyone have experience with the latest update (I downloaded it on April 25, 2022).
Last update I did for my 2021 Caligraphy had no issues. Local speed limits on HUD are often incorrect, but compared to the high cost of updates for my previous 2015 Hyundai Genesis Ultimate and more out of date speeds or not added streets I can't complain about the free system in the Santa Fe.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The 3-split screen is long gone since early 2021s. My 2021 Palisade with build date of 02/21 (purchased in April) already had the 3-split gone, with the universally hated old-bulb radio numbers. Ha ha. I did 2 updates, and the last one jacked up the valet mode. It said no Bluelink subscription active, which was not true, but map people washed their hands with that. After hours wasted trying to get it fixed with CS, I gave up. I just paid a $1K deposit for a 2022 SF Calligraphy, and since the one I test-drove 2 days ago had the old-bulb numbers already, I'm sure there's no 3rd screen on it either. Looks identical to my Palisade, with the exception I can change the dash colors without changing modes, which I cannot do on the Pali, so nice :).
At any rate, what is the current version? And if mine has the older one, what changes were made? I never noticed any changes on the 2nd update, other than losing valet. With the first update, the nav replaced the 'pause' button with 'cancel', which was great. But that was about it. And you can still paused it by pressing for 2 seconds, by the way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The 3-split screen is long gone since early 2021s. My 2021 Palisade with build date of 02/21 (purchased in April) already had the 3-split gone, with the universally hated old-bulb radio numbers. Ha ha. I did 2 updates, and the last one jacked up the valet mode. It said no Bluelink subscription active, which was not true, but map people washed their hands with that. After hours wasted trying to get it fixed with CS, I gave up. I just paid a $1K deposit for a 2022 SF Calligraphy, and since the one I test-drove 2 days ago had the old-bulb numbers already, I'm sure there's no 3rd screen on it either. Looks identical to my Palisade, with the exception I can change the dash colors without changing modes, which I cannot do on the Pali, so nice :).
At any rate, what is the current version? And if mine has the older one, what changes were made? I never noticed any changes on the 2nd update, other than losing valet. With the first update, the nav replaced the 'pause' button with 'cancel', which was great. But that was about it. And you can still paused it by pressing for 2 seconds, by the way.
You can read what’s been updated from the owners.Hyundai.com login. I remember it saying maps now give different route options and of course the radio interface.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just did the latest update for my 2021 Calligraphy. No issues. Only thing I don't like is the new screen for SiriusXM station I use. Biggest issue is size, 32GB usb wouldn't work, had to find a 64GB stick. It would not take a microsd ith adapter and of course there is no slot like my 2016 Genesis had.

·
Registered
117 Posts
There have been several features reported missing, or not working well after the update, so I'll wait until I have a chance to research that more. Will pick up SF tomorrow, along with the G70. Won't do the update on the G either.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just did another update that is for the audio. Dated 4.28.22. I already did the Nav update from this date. It took about 30 minutes to download the files. And over 60 minutes to install. I started doing it on the way to Disneyland and chose the option to install when I turn off the car. It worked fine. And you still need at least a 64gb flash drive.

Display Audio Software Update

This one changed a lot of things with regards to the radio, and other misc features. The stereo screen is way different, no more old tubes style. It works good for me.

Another change is that now I can type in a Nav address on the map screen while in DRIVE, but I must not be moving. Before I had to put it in Park.

And now I have 5 Favorite addresses at the bottom. Push one button and off I go. But it still won't allow to speak the address unless I'm in Park. STUPID.

It also changed a little on the Android Auto screen. In the right third of the screen, it no longer has the logo, but it shows a digital clock. But I still can't scroll thru other options there like it did before doing the last 2 updates. But I am ok with it.

The map still DOES NOT give me optional routes like Google Maps does.

·
Registered
117 Posts
So you no longer have the option to have the compass and altitude on the right 3rd of the screen? If that's the case, I might not do the update. I'm okay with the radio interface. Apparently most changes are for the worst, no? Weird.

·
Registered
70 Posts
So you no longer have the option to have the compass and altitude on the right 3rd of the screen? If that's the case, I might not do the update. I'm okay with the radio interface. Apparently most changes are for the worst, no? Weird.
For that part, I was only referring to when you use Android Auto from your phone. But when you don't have the phone connected by USB, then that part of the screen is normal. Clock, compass, Hybrid mode, etc. That works normal.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Oh, okay. Good to hear. I never use AA or CP, so no issues with me. Thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Update: Got a response from the AutoEver maps engineering team saying nothing they support for maps affects Bluelink and the error of not sending locations to my vehicle. Here's their response:

We do recommend reinstalling the update, or trying a hard reset by disconnecting the positive battery terminal for at least 4 hours. If these steps do not resolve the issue, we would have to recommend reaching out to Hyundai Customer Care for further assistance since BlueLink was unable to assist.

So I will wait till the update is once again available and try to reinstall it. I wish I had tried the Bluelink app before the update to satisfy whether or not the update caused my error. If anyone who updated to the latest software can try tried Bluelink I would appreciate it.
I had the same problem and went through the same aggravation you did.
I believe the problem was I was not an authorized driver.
Top right: Go to “My Account”
Click on car icon
Go to “Authorized Drivers” and fill in the information.
After I did that my send maps to vehicle started workin.
Good luck.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey, did they go to your profile automatically? Or do they go to the last profile the car was on? Curious about that. I'm in the process of doing that with my wife. Thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey, did they go to your profile automatically? Or do they go to the last profile the car was on? Curious about that. I'm in the process of doing that with my wife. Thank you.
I am primary driver and wife is secondary. As primary I was able to set up my wife’s permissions under “Add Driver”. My problem was there was no email address linked to the account. After linking both accounts by entering email addresses my POIs were sent to vehicle. As far as my car is concerned if either driver sends poi to car it shows up no matter whose profile is entered.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am primary driver and wife is secondary. As primary I was able to set up my wife’s permissions under “Add Driver”. My problem was there was no email address linked to the account. After linking both accounts by entering email addresses my POIs were sent to vehicle. As far as my car is concerned if either driver sends poi to car it shows up no matter whose profile is entered.
Also.
When I go into profiles in my vehicle it now shows an email address on both profiles. Before that it said “No linked accounts”.

·
Registered
117 Posts
As far as my car is concerned, if either driver sends poi to car, it shows up, no matter whose profile is entered.
But it shows up WHERE??? That's what I'm trying to find out. Specific example, to make myself understood: Your wife was the last to drive the car, and it's under her profile when shut off. And you send a POI. Where does it show? On your profile? Hers? Guest driver? Or a combination of the 3? Thanks. Because as far as my experience, the website doesn't ask you to which profile you want it sent; it just sends it, and informs you it has been sent. And that you cannot send another for a minute or so.
By the way, I sent my daughters' addresses when I was the last to drive the SF (to record as 'favorites' 1 and 2), and they were there next time I used it. So at least it's working that way. If I get no response, might try sending something when my wife is the last to drive it, and see what happens.

When I go into profiles in my vehicle, it now shows an email address on both profiles. Before that it said “No linked accounts”.
What exactly you did in order for the emails to show up there? And does your wife's profile show her email, or yours? I was playing with the profiles when I had to erase the Guest one (which salesman set up with my wife's phone), to start over, I noticed all 3 already had my email, for what I remember.

Finally, I sent an 'invitation' to my wife, but she tried to set it up, and she couldn't. I told her to show me next time, to see if I can figure out how. Any tricks for that? By the way, I used the same name and email I used from her as the emergency contact, so the system should have recognized her without an 'invitation', but didn't. The Kona N is going to have the same stupid system, so at least we should be able to do that other one more quickly. Ha ha.

·
Registered
16 Posts
But it shows up WHERE??? That's what I'm trying to find out. Specific example, to make myself understood: Your wife was the last to drive the car, and it's under her profile when shut off. And you send a POI. Where does it show? On your profile? Hers? Guest driver? Or a combination of the 3? Thanks. Because as far as my experience, the website doesn't ask you to which profile you want it sent; it just sends it, and informs you it has been sent. And that you cannot send another for a minute or so.
By the way, I sent my daughters' addresses when I was the last to drive the SF (to record as 'favorites' 1 and 2), and they were there next time I used it. So at least it's working that way. If I get no response, might try sending something when my wife is the last to drive it, and see what happens.

What exactly you did in order for the emails to show up there? And does your wife's profile show her email, or yours? I was playing with the profiles when I had to erase the Guest one (which salesman set up with my wife's phone), to start over, I noticed all 3 already had my email, for what I remember.

Finally, I sent an 'invitation' to my wife, but she tried to set it up, and she couldn't. I told her to show me next time, to see if I can figure out how. Any tricks for that? By the way, I used the same name and email I used from her as the emergency contact, so the system should have recognized her without an 'invitation', but didn't. The Kona N is going to have the same stupid system, so at least we should be able to do that other one more quickly. Ha ha.
It’s been a year since I set it up so my recollection is vague. When I set my (profile 1) on my laptop it was immediately sent to my SF. I can’t remember it I set up my wife’s (profile 2) if she had to accept. There are only two profiles set up. If EITHER profile sends POI to vehicle it shows up REGARDLESS of what profile is in vehicle. POI destination shows up within 10 seconds of starting vehicle.
The only problem is if you change profile after that you lose the destination. You have to resend. You can send command via iPhone while you are in vehicle, EITHER profile can send request and destination pops up within 10 seconds.
I hope this clears up the confusion.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts