Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I live in central Florida and have two available local Hyundai dealers. I decided to visit the one in downtown Melbourne several days ago to test drive a Santa Fe Calligraphy. They had a Santa Fe Limited on the lot so we saddled up for the test drive. While I was familiarizing myself with the inside of the car I noticed the Monroney sticker lying on the dash instead of fixed to the window. Before we left for the test drive I decided to read the Monroney sticker and discovered that it had been modified by adding and an additional row of items on the right side and then re-laminating the entire sticker. The additional add on items included $999 for dealer fee, $250 delivery service charge, $399 exterior and interior magic conditioner, $200car safe guard stuff, $399 window tint and (various other charges), and $7000 market adjustment fee. That made this Santa Fe Limited approx $10,000 over MSRP before tax and tags. I cancelled my test drive and thanked the salesman for his efforts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is happening everywhere. I had to pay $5,000 "premium" over MSRP but I really needed a car at the moment. They are taking advantage of the customers at this moment due to a lack of inventory and tarnishing the brand. Since there is less inventory they have to make money to justify their business. Scum... Hang in there!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here in virgina you have dealers at MSRP and you have dealers 5 to 7 k over msrp its so odd. Right now a local dealer has a 2019 for 3k more than its worth cause somone on lot did damage to it yet they are selling as one owner no accident car... i bought my 2020 for 37,500 which had 6012 miles and honestly i felt it was a good deal for a limited awd....i dont regret it at all...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live in central Florida and have two available local Hyundai dealers. I decided to visit the one in downtown Melbourne several days ago to test drive a Santa Fe Calligraphy. They had a Santa Fe Limited on the lot so we saddled up for the test drive. While I was familiarizing myself with the inside of the car I noticed the Monroney sticker lying on the dash instead of fixed to the window. Before we left for the test drive I decided to read the Monroney sticker and discovered that it had been modified by adding and an additional row of items on the right side and then re-laminating the entire sticker. The additional add on items included $999 for dealer fee, $250 delivery service charge, $399 exterior and interior magic conditioner, $200car safe guard stuff, $399 window tint and (various other charges), and $7000 market adjustment fee. That made this Santa Fe Limited approx $10,000 over MSRP before tax and tags. I cancelled my test drive and thanked the salesman for his efforts.
I sure hope you told the salesman your discoveries. If you really wanted the car, make them an offer, minus the extras. CAN WE STILL DO THAT, AS BUYERS? He will know why, he is not selling the cars. They (a different Hyundai dealer) charged me for the crossbars on my 2016, I never got them. I when I went back two weeks later to pick them up, they denied they were included with the sale. Yet, I had the window sticker in my hand. They said I could have a pair for $300.+ . I got some off of the internet for $150.00. Crooks, all of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts