Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Santa Fe Luxury Hybrid
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only owned my 21 Santa Fe Hybrid Luxury for less than a week at this point but I'm pretty happy with the mileage so far. Purchased with approx. 31600 kms (19635 miles) on it and have put on 232 kms at time of writing this post. Filled up the tank on Sunday to do a good test of my normal weekly driving to work (50 kms one way) in Toronto rush hour traffic. Lots of speed changes from stopped to full highway speeds.

Over 232.5 kms, I am getting 6.5L/100kms, which equates to 36.1 mpg. If I can keep this up, I'm going to hit approx. 900 kms (559 miles) on this tank. That is fantastic given the size/weight of this vehicle. I like how much it switches to EV mode, even at highway speeds of 110-115 kph. It will use the engine for any uphill climbs or quick acceleration but if I'm on a flat road and speed isn't changing or going slightly downhill, it switches to EV mode as much as it can.

Light Speedometer Gauge Automotive design Personal luxury car

Light Personal luxury car Speedometer Gauge Auto part

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have 2021 Caligraphy AWD with about 7500 mi. My overall is just shy of 25MPG almost entirely city driving. I have been on HWY a couple times last summer and it gets over 30MPG at 60-65 MPH.
I've only owned my 21 Santa Fe Hybrid Luxury for less than a week at this point but I'm pretty happy with the mileage so far. Purchased with approx. 31600 kms (19635 miles) on it and have put on 232 kms at time of writing this post. Filled up the tank on Sunday to do a good test of my normal weekly driving to work (50 kms one way) in Toronto rush hour traffic. Lots of speed changes from stopped to full highway speeds.

Over 232.5 kms, I am getting 6.5L/100kms, which equates to 36.1 mpg. If I can keep this up, I'm going to hit approx. 900 kms (559 miles) on this tank. That is fantastic given the size/weight of this vehicle. I like how much it switches to EV mode, even at highway speeds of 110-115 kph. It will use the engine for any uphill climbs or quick acceleration but if I'm on a flat road and speed isn't changing or going slightly downhill, it switches to EV mode as much as it can.

View attachment 2416

View attachment 2417
That's great to see. My '21 SEL Hybrid is at about 31.7 for 10k miles. But it really makes a difference where you drive. 10 miles to work I get about 29, but then back home I get 38-45. Half is street and half highway. But much of it is slightly downhill. So I can coast or use very easy throttle most of the way.

I got about 32mpg from LA to Vegas, I was happy with that.

·
Registered
177 Posts

View attachment 2416

View attachment 2417
:love:that 36mpg is looking pretty good right about now drb:love: Appreciate the exchange of km to miles, how's the car treating you otherwise?

·
Registered
2021 Santa Fe Luxury Hybrid
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:love:that 36mpg is looking pretty good right about now drb:love: Appreciate the exchange of km to miles, how's the car treating you otherwise?
Really loving the Santa Fe. I was concerned that the gas mileage wouldn’t be that great but man, it is awesome. Every single tank I have gotten more than 900 kms.

Super comfortable, nice smooth ride, tons of interior space. Love the adaptive cruise control and lane centering. Use it every day.

I’m still going to order a Tucson PHEV in a year or two (or maybe an electric only vehicle) when things have hopefully gotten a little more sane with availability. No more gas-only vehicles for me. I’m definitely a Hyundai convert!

·
Registered
70 Posts
If I drive a lot of slow or stop n go freeway I can easily get 40-45 mpg since not much throttle is being used. But normal trips are usually in the 31-33 range.

I now have 21000 miles and average shows about 31.7.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts