Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking forward to being an active part of the group. Just leased a 2021 SantaFe Limited. Spent some time going over the manuals looking forward to membership. Be patient with me as I may lots of questions

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad to hear you have one. Looking to purchase the 2021 limted but have a question. I now have the 2000 Toyota Tundra and my garage door is 8 feet wide. I have to be very careful pulling in the garage with the Tundra, will the Santa Fe be a little easier.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Glad to hear you have one. Looking to purchase the 2021 limted but have a question. I now have the 2000 Toyota Tundra and my garage door is 8 feet wide. I have to be very careful pulling in the garage with the Tundra, will the Santa Fe be a little easier.
totally depends on how much of a hurry you're in, ... congrads to Joe

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a flawless 2015 Sant fe Limited and having been so looking forward to a new 2021. However once the new version arrived I have some reservations if I am spending 50 Gs . The wheels they are supplying on the Caligraphy trim look like something off a Rotor Tiller and the shape of the wheel wells accentuate where your eye is drawn to something that looks out of place. Why did Hyundai do this to a otherwise great looking SUV. Makes me to look at other competitors.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a flawless 2015 Sant fe Limited and having been so looking forward to a new 2021. However once the new version arrived I have some reservations if I am spending 50 Gs . The wheels they are supplying on the Caligraphy trim look like something off a Rotor Tiller and the shape of the wheel wells accentuate where your eye is drawn to something that looks out of place. Why did Hyundai do this to a otherwise great looking SUV. Makes me to look at other competitors.
If you think the Santa Fe Calligraphy wheels are bad, look at the Palisade Calligraphy wheels.

I can't explain why any manufacturer would put those wheels on an auto. I assume Hyundai Motor America thinks they will attract younger buyers, but obviously it is just a case of designers that are out of control.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked with edmunds compare and find the SantaFe is 5 inches narrower than your 2000 Toyota Tundra! If you are looking for a 2 row SUV the 2021 Santa Fe Limited You wont find a better value!! Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree! You might ask the dealer as there appears too be two versions a 19 in Tire and a 20 in version of the Calligraphy. The wheels on the 20” look much better. Check that one out! Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree! You might ask the dealer as there appears too be two versions a 19 in Tire and a 20 in version of the Calligraphy. The wheels on the 20” look much better. Check that one out! Good luck!
In Canada they only offer a 19 inch wheel. No choice! I was prepared to purchase 20 inch. after market wheels but they can't even tell me what size tire would give me the clearance needed. Am thinking the new Lincoln looks good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
In Canada they only offer a 19 inch wheel. No choice! I was prepared to purchase 20 inch. after market wheels but they can't even tell me what size tire would give me the clearance needed. Am thinking the new Lincoln looks good.
Any decent tire dealer (or online site) can tell you which 20" is the correct tire size. Or google "tire calculator".

You could also just look at the 20" tire size for the USA model on the Hyundai USA website.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One more thing. When they added the Calligraphy they took off some of the features that were on the 2020 Limited. The heads up display, better leather and the highest level of Semiautonomous driving. No mention at the start of production. We decided to get a Limited as they were available in December 2020. WE love it bu were very disappointed in not having the heads up display and the highest level of Semiautonomous automation!! Enjoy! You wont go wrong with either model!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The tire size is listed in the specs I looked at the lincoln test drove both. We liked the pickup and go of the SantaFe over the Lincoln!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts