Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All . . .
I have searched high and low for a picture of the location of the Glow Plugs for my Santa Fe 2.0 CRDi engine.
(Thinking I need to replace them due to a small amount of white smoke during start up . . . ;-)
I have found this picture, which I think may help someone else in future . . .
Regards, tc542

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi . . .again . . .
Replaced all 4 Glow Plugs . . . :)
Now the car is starting perfect . . No smoke and smooth as silk. . . (for a diesel . . ;-)

Not an easy job to change . .Especially if you are a big lad . . . My little hands made the job easier.
Plus, you need to be able to kneel above the engine . . .(Used a pillow on the front valance and Intercooler mounting bars.
Obviously, removed the Intercooler, and also the EGR pipe (4 bolts), to give easier access.
NOTE: Have a magnetic tool available and a swear box handy . . . !!
Good idea to remove the protective under engine cover aswell . . for when nuts/bolts drop. . . . !!

On checking first . . .I found the resistance at the power terminal to be very high . . ????!!
I thought that I may have one or 2 Glow Plugs faulty . . .But then the resistance should still be very low . .e.g. 1ohm or so . .
This turned out to be because ALL 4 were faulty . . .!!
I checked the voltage . . . Full battery voltage for all the time the dashboard indicator was on + 16secs more. . . .
So replaced all 4 . . . Found the plugs came out quite easy.
When all were replaced, I checked the resistance again . . . Very very low . . But this is correct . . . 4 Glow Plugs at 0.9ohms in parallel.
(But please make sure that the power supply rail is not short circuiting to the head . . .???!!)
All in all a very happy chappy with the final result.
Regards, tc542

1 - 2 of 2 Posts