Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 SF Cal
My HUD at startup seems to become misaligned randomly. By misaligned I mean it seems to shift to the right. (that's the best way I can put it) It becomes rather faded and by simply tilting my head to the left a few degrees it can fade totally out. This occurs at startup and if it is fine then it stays fine for the whole trip. But if it's not fine it again stays that way for the whole trip, and it is usually always NOT FINE. I have checked the settings and the only thing I have noticed is that the brightness setting drops a bit from where I set it, MAX. Only a bit though. I do plan on bringing this up at next service maintenance.

I had posted earlier on this issue but can not find the old post.

·
Registered
36 Posts
2021 SF Cal
My HUD at startup seems to become misaligned randomly. By misaligned I mean it seems to shift to the right. (that's the best way I can put it) It becomes rather faded and by simply tilting my head to the left a few degrees it can fade totally out. This occurs at startup and if it is fine then it stays fine for the whole trip. But if it's not fine it again stays that way for the whole trip, and it is usually always NOT FINE. I have checked the settings and the only thing I have noticed is that the brightness setting drops a bit from where I set it, MAX. Only a bit though. I do plan on bringing this up at next service maintenance.

I had posted earlier on this issue but cannot find the old post.
Are you wearing sunglasses when it becomes misaligned? The polarization in sunglasses will make the HUD VERY difficult to see (if not impossible to see). If sunglasses are not the issue, I might suggest a visit to the dealer. Might be best to pull in there and leave the car running when it is acting up. They will tell you "no problem found" unless they can replicate it. Since it is random, might be easier to show them when it happens. Hopefully you live close to a dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you wearing sunglasses when it becomes misaligned? The polarization in sunglasses will make the HUD VERY difficult to see (if not impossible to see). If sunglasses are not the issue, I might suggest a visit to the dealer. Might be best to pull in there and leave the car running when it is acting up. They will tell you "no problem found" unless they can replicate it. Since it is random, might be easier to show them when it happens. Hopefully you live close to a dealer.
That was IT! Got new sunglasses as gift Christmas and did not realize they were polarized.
Thank you so much. Was going insane.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Since the Calligraphy trim vehicles are tough to come by and even test drive, I'm curious if this issue with polarized sunglasses is overcome with increasing the brightness or not. I have a Ford Escape Titanium with a HUD but it's projected on a small screen on the top of the dash, not the windshield. I've had no problems with polarized sunglasses on the Escape but it's a different deployment.

I have polarized sunglasses and don't want to change them. A HUD in my next vehicle is a must and the Santa Fe ticks all the boxes for me, especially that one since so few vehicles have them.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi,

Since the Calligraphy trim vehicles are tough to come by and even test drive, I'm curious if this issue with polarized sunglasses is overcome with increasing the brightness or not. I have a Ford Escape Titanium with a HUD but it's projected on a small screen on the top of the dash, not the windshield. I've had no problems with polarized sunglasses on the Escape but it's a different deployment.

I have polarized sunglasses and don't want to change them. A HUD in my next vehicle is a must and the Santa Fe ticks all the boxes for me, especially that one since so few vehicles have them.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
i have my birghtness turned up and you can barley see it with polarized glasses but when you turn your head a bit you can see it better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts