Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just purchase 2019 SEL from a dealer, first Hyundai car owner, this car has 30k miles, and I noticed ac is only with recirculated mode.
I don't if that's the reason, the car had bad odor with A/C on.
I'm planning to replace the cabin air filter but is there a way to remove the odor?

TIA

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ozone generator?

You may try an ozone generator which kills germs, viruses, and sterilizes your car. Some uber drivers use them to clean their car. But ozone is very toxic to breath in so while using it let it run for an hour with no occupants in the car. Let it air out too for about an hour with the windows rolled down.

You can also buy volcanic rock which soaks in odors. This is a cheaper alternative. They come in bags and you can get them online and even at walmart. When you want to "clean" them you just let them sit outside in the sun.

Good luck...

·
Registered
5 Posts
this may not be the most ideal solution but run the a/c on full blast with windows open and spray your favorite cologne underneath by the gas pedals and on the passenger side underneath then spray some more and close the windows and let it run. Then air it out again. Repeat a few times. I used Perry Ellis 360.

Do this after trying the other suggestions above as the final step. Dunno, worked for me, can't do any harm as long as you are not allergic to the cologne.

·
Registered
5 Posts
also forgot to mention, if you prefer to use something else rather than cologne, use your favorite scent of lysol, substitute lysol for the cologne menthod I mentioned in my previous reply.
hope this helps!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.