Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Looking for info.
My 2017 Santa fe Limited has an intermittent issue, when driving it will go into a weird mode...i step on the gas to pass a vehicle RPMs will rocket to 5,000rpm and have very little to no acceleration. This is the 4th time now and is very annoying!
The Santa Fe has been in for the traction control recall and thats good now, its been in for the knock sensor, the knock sensor wire harness as well and I'm not getting any code what so ever. I have take video of the issue and have show my dealership but this is crazy and very dangerous as i never know when it will happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue but on my 2010 SantaFe AWD. I realized that if I accelerate gently it will change gears with easy but if I go hard it will Reve really high and sometimes not even switch gears. I started having this issue when the engine light came on and it showed the MAP sensor was malfunctioned. So I changed it with a genuine part from Hyundai today and it still behaves like that. my code was P0106. If anyone has a fix plz help :smile

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally got the truck back from the dealer. I currently have 50,000km on the truck.

The dealer drove it for a few days and said it through a code that the high pressure gas regulator had a slight air leak and was causing the issue.
I'm not entirely sure that this is the fix and i never had a dash light come on (4 times) when it happened, but am trying to keep positive at the same time that its fixed.
Changing the part did however fix a lag issue i had but never gave it a second though...it would take a second to take off when i pressed on the gas, now it just goes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We've had this issue on a 2017 SFS 2.0T maybe 5 or 6 times with the dealer unable to replicate. I too videoed the episode for the dealer but still no love. The episode is not repeatable and has actually occurred only once in the last year.
The only advice I can give if that if your car goes into this mode, pull off the road, put in park, turn off ignition and then restart. Restarting has ALWAYS resolved the issue, until the next time!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue but on my 2010 SantaFe AWD. I realized that if I accelerate gently it will change gears with easy but if I go hard it will Reve really high and sometimes not even switch gears. I started having this issue when the engine light came on and it showed the MAP sensor was malfunctioned. So I changed it with a genuine part from Hyundai today and it still behaves like that. my code was P0106. If anyone has a fix plz help :smile
Heya wondering if you found out the cause of your problem with the 2010 Santa Fe?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally got the truck back from the dealer. I currently have 50,000km on the truck.

The dealer drove it for a few days and said it through a code that the high pressure gas regulator had a slight air leak and was causing the issue.
I'm not entirely sure that this is the fix and i never had a dash light come on (4 times) when it happened, but am trying to keep positive at the same time that its fixed.
Changing the part did however fix a lag issue i had but never gave it a second though...it would take a second to take off when i pressed on the gas, now it just goes.
Did you ever get it resolved. I have a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe that has been having an acceleration problem off and off for the last couple of months. At the time that I took it to the dealer, the engine light was on and they said the same thing about the code- that it was due to a high pressure gas regular and that it had a slight leak- which meant that possibly the gas tank wasn't fully closed. I left it there and for a week insisting that they find the issue because of how dangerous it is when trying to pull out onto a main road. This weekend, I was pulled onto the interstate and it accelerated to about 6,000 rpms before the gear kicked in.. I'm taking it back to the dealership tomorrow but just wondered if they found out what was wrong with yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts