Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my new to me 2018 SFS on a road trip this past weekend. Twice while going downhill with cruise control on, the tach showed over 5k. It should’ve been basically coasting and maybe braking but as soon as I turned off the cruise, it went immediately back down. It scared me and luckily the first thing I thought to try corrected it. With no other problems on the trip, it seemed like a fluke but when it happened twice, that’s an issue. The car only has around 3500 miles and is a certified preowned corporate car. Does anyone have any insight? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
normal... believe engine is "braking" to keep you in the set cruise range going down hill. Bothersome I know, I knock mine out of cruise anytime I'm going up or down a severe hill, I believe if you try the "economical" setting rather than "normal or sport" that will stop and gas mileage is supposedly increased but the trade off is the engine becomes somewhat "sluggish." Owners manual is good.:wink

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was in ECO mode. I’m not bothered by the braking, I understand that (which is why I mentioned it-wink). I don’t think it’s normal to spike the RPMs so severely. I would expect that more while going uphill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts