Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else receive a lot of 'high beam flashes' from oncoming drivers? I have HIDs with self-levelling and auto-dimming but it still seems to draw the ire of other drivers. Getting tired and frustrated with always having to flash my brights at the drivers who throw on their brights about 20 feet in front of me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
High Beam Too Low

Hiya my main beam lights on my Santa Fe 57 plate are far too low, there is a Head light adjustment screw, but this does not adjust Main Beam, any ideas folks please.:smile

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had to do my first service last week. Informed the service advisor of the issue, and had them check the headlight aim. Turns out the passsenger side was badly out of adjustment, according to the service technician. Problem seems to be solved now; only one car has flashed the highs on me since then, and that is probably someone who hates halogen lights anyway!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine were aimed too high on delivery, particularly the drivers side. There are adjustment screws you turn with a philips head screwdriver on each side. Auto leveling does not mean auto aiming.

Properly aimed, at 20 to 30 feet from a wall you will see a distinct 3 step pattern.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts