Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new on this Forum so I hope to get some help with my crazy 2010 Santa Fe 2.4L (Autom)...
I've had problems with it lately. It's a strange case, it doesn't always happen, nor does it happen all the time; When the engine is already running and in P (park) or N (Neutral) the starter turns on and sounds very loud. Then I move the gear shift lever to Drive or R the problem disappears, but if I return to P or N, same thing happens again.
Then I turn off the engine and when I just turn on the ignition key (without starting) the car starts immediately ... then, it is as if the starter contact get stuck in that moment. But it only happens as I say in P or N.
Last time, with the engine on, I removed the fuse from the starter and the problem disappeared, but of course, I couldn't turn off the engine because it didn't start again so, I had to reconnect the fuse.

Has anyone experienced something as strange as this before?
Thank you Folks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
That car could be headed for a meltdown on the freeway, just sayin, I wouldn't let anyone drive it until it's looked at by someone who understands a cars electric/starter relationship. It will overheat somewhere and something will burn up. Get it looked at, may be something simple that'll turn big shortly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most weird is that there's no error message when you scan the vehicle's computer...
for now, everything is good.
My electrician told me that sometimes these kind of problems are caused for bad (-) ground connections.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh, I know it, I had the same strange problem with my car. The car's computer wasn't showing the error message. But the electrician was saying that there is a problem... strange. It was luck that I left my car in the auto service and the real professionals worked with it. At this moment I had some electricians that I knew from electrical contractor Louisville KY and they proposed me their services. But it was better to go at professional auto service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts