Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase my first car and I've decided to go for the Santa Fe Sport 2017.

The thing is I'm not into cars so I have no knowledge about the differences between engine types, features, etc. I did start by going to the Hyundai Canada website and started to build my car. I'm currently stuck on Step 2 (hyundaicanada[dot]com/Pages/buildprice/step2_trims.aspx?model=Santa%20Fe%20Sport) because I have a problem deciding which trim to go off from. So I did some research about the differences between FWD and AWD and since I live in one of the snowiest parts of Canada I think going for the AWD (coupled with winter tires) is a no-brainer. My problem now is that I don't know the difference between 2.0T and 2.4L engines and I've been trying to find some good resources but they go in very technical details.

I was hoping someone could translate those information into layman's terms so that's easy for me to decide which trim to start with.

These are my driving needs and requirements:
  1. 90% of the time the car will be used in the city
  2. I live in a city that gets enveloped in snow for pretty much half of the year
  3. Occasionally the car will be used for road trips across Canada or US

Please help me decide and if you could explain things in very easy to understand terms without going very deep into the technical side of things that would make purchasing this care that much manageable for me. Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
IMO, AWD is the way to go. As for your choice of engines, I recommend you drive both and then decide. The 2.4 is less powerful and gets slightly better mileage but the 2.0T has a real kick to it. I have the 2.0T and love it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts