Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from the extremely hot Las Vegas area. I own a 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS/LX. I previously owned a Suzuki Vitara and when I bought a pop up camper needed something with some power to pull the trailer. My neighbor goes to auto auctions and he picked up the Santa Fe for me and I traded the Vitara and got the Santa Fe and $500 to boot.

The Santa Fe did great pulling the trailer. The only thing wrong with the car is there is a slight oil leak from the Valve covers and the A/C doesn't work (with 100+ temp it sucks but we got used to it more or less). According to the mechanic I take it to, it is going to be about $800 or $900 to fix the A/C and $200 to fix the leak.. So I am saving up.

When we got the car the tranny had a really hard shift going from 2nd to 3rd. We tried all the odd ball things, (even the dealer ones) such as disconnecting the battery and shifting back and forth a bunch of times and then connecting the two battery cables with a jumper (the dealer suggestion) and then standing on one leg and jumping up and down with our fingers in our ears...etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Anyway finally mentioned the problem to our local mechanic and he had one of his guys plug into the computer and reprogram the shifting. It works wonderful now...

Anyway hello!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts