Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Hope you are well.

Just letting you know that I have Hyundai Santa Fe 2012 and I have been doing some research about the LED. The problem is the OEM housing socket hole that is small too small to fit any LED conversion bulb. There are 2 things you need to remember.

1) The OEM Housing socket hole is too small
2) You will need the bulb retainer holder adapter.

I have bought the Lasfit H7 LED and the LED will not go inside the OEM housing socket hole. I cannot forced it. The only solution is to round file on the hole top and bottom hole for about 10 mins. The LED will go inside the OEM housing socket and your retainer holder adapter will lock inside headlight socket.

Here is the picture of the OEM housing socket. All you need to do is to half file the top & bottom hole then your LED will fit right inside. You will need the retainer adapter to use the the LED

Have a great one!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Your pictures are too small. Can you upload larger ones.

I just replaced my OEM bulbs with some Sylvania Xtravision bulbs. Wanted to go LED, but couldn't find a good fit.

The Xtravision bulbs are a useful obvious upgrade over OEM, but no where near what an LED would be. These are maybe 20% brighter subjectively. They do have shorter lifespan than OEM. I'd used them in another car getting 4 years life, and worth it for the better lighting. I wish there were a better option on H11B LED bulbs.

BTW, did you have to do the same for the H7 high beams?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately, the site requested me to reduce the size of the picture so i had to make it smaller to upload the pic.

Try to use the Sylvania bulb brands as they don't last long.

I didn't change the High beams so i left it there. Just the low beam for H7 LED 6000K. No one want to drive high beam at night time.

I did changed my fog light - Auxito LED H8 6000k.

Do you want me to email you directly for the picture. I try again to upload it for you.

cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately, the site requested me to reduce the size of the picture so i had to make it smaller to upload the pic.

Try to use the Sylvania bulb brands as they don't last long.

I didn't change the High beams so i left it there. Just the low beam for H7 LED 6000K. No one want to drive high beam at night time.

I did changed my fog light - Auxito LED H8 6000k.

Do you want me to email you directly for the picture. I try again to upload it for you.

cheers

That image was a little bigger.

The XtraVision Sylvania's last a useful amount of time. The UltraStars however aren't going to last anyone beyond a year if that.

Not sure what you mean no one wants to drive with high beams. Depends upon where you live I think. H7's are the high beams in the Santa Fe. Or were you referring to using H7's and the adapter wiring for the H11B wire connector?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks, first time forum user here so please excuse the following noob question, and moderators feel free to move this discussion to another thread if more appropriate:

I'm trying to install aftermarket LED low beam bulbs on my 2011 Santa Fe Limited. This is the first time I'm replacing the headlights on this SUV. When I took the headlight assembly out, I noticed that there are 2 yellow wire connectors coming from inside the assembly. On the LED light bulb assembly, there is a red and black wire connector. How do I know which yellow wire connects to the red and black, respectively? There are no indicators on the yellow connectors specifying which is which. Curious to know if this is standard for Hyundai models? Does this mean that the polarity doesn't matter? This might actually be more a straight-up electrical question, lol. Appreciate any insights anyone may have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for this...I was going ballistic trying to get this to work. My thought is that it might be easier to splice the wires and connect them direct to the male connectors and tape accordingly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts