Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
TWO 2007 Santa Fe Ltd (Both Black, both purchased at the same time)
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just finished replacing the alternator (don't ask) and now my radiator is leaking and I can't find where. So I'm planning on replacing it anyway. I ask this question to see if anyone ran into any gotcha's in the process such as trouble reattaching the transmission oil hoses or anything else? Comments appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've just finished replacing the alternator (don't ask) and now my radiator is leaking and I can't find where. So I'm planning on replacing it anyway. I ask this question to see if anyone ran into any gotcha's in the process such as trouble reattaching the transmission oil hoses or anything else? Comments appreciated.
Thanks
sorry no help but gotta love the Avatar is that Rodney?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is and I've been using it for decades because it aligns with how I feel most of the time!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well for what its worth - I was able to actually replace it. I did have to remove one of the fans and actually cut one of the transmission oil cooler lines because the clamp was so rusted it broke when I tried to remove it. Another thing I had to do was dismount the hood latch assembly and move it out of the way to allow the radiator to pass by the latch. Now its button things up, refill the coolant and start it up to see if there are any leaks. That leave only the front fascia which is not to hard to remount. Hopefully this will help someone do their own. At the cost of mechanical labor I figure I saved a bundle by DIY.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.