Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I just got a new Santa Fe Sport 2017 Limited. I would like to add running boards below the doors. Hyundai has however added silver garnishes to the lower door sills on the Limited and Ultimate models and I am unsure how running boards would look next to these silver garnishes... maybe kinda rendundant aesthetically? If anybody has installed running boards on this model, please upload a picture to see how it looks.

Does anyone know if these silver garnishes can be removed easily without damaging the SF?

Thanks!

Claude

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I installed the Hyundai boards on the 14 model I had and looked fine. I would not remove the silver garnish on the 17. There's a good chance of breaking them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I've seen many examples of the running boards on SF models before 2017, and they do look good. However, in this model year, I've seen no pictures for the Limited/Ultimate with the silver garnish + running board combo. I'm really not sure about the aesthetics of having both... being that the silver garnish is made to sort of mimic a running bord, but I much prefer the look of an actual running bord. Ideally, the silver garnish would need to be removed I guess. Not sure that is possible though.

Anybody with experience installing a running board on a 2017 SF, your input is welcome!

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
You could always use plastidip black paint on the garnishes. Be careful trying to use parts for 2014-2016 models. I have the 17 ultimate and noticed a few things are actually different. i.e. air filter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts