Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased my first Santa Fe, and I’m loving it so far. It’s a very clean 2010 with a 2.4L 4-cyl, automatic transmission with AWD.

Runs and drives like a dream, with the occasional exception of what feels like a hard transmission shift. Especially on cruise control, as it climbs a shallow grade, it feels like it attempts to shift down (to higher RPMs) and then abruptly / aggressively shifts up (lower RPMs). Occurs primarily at around 2200 RPMs in town, and around 3200 RPMs on the highway.

Any idea what this is, or what’s causing it, and how to fix it? No indication at all of any other powertrain issues, no slipping or otherwise hard shifting. It’s got good zoom when you hit the gas.

I did just service the transmission after noticing this - not a flush, just new fluid. The vehicle has about 143,000 miles. The sticker inside the drivers door says that it was manufactured by Hyundai Motor manufacturing Alabama, Dec/21/09.

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts and input. Thanks in advance folks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.