Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy to see some posts now for the 4th Gen. I bought my 2019 Ultimate 2.0T almost a month ago in Storm Blue. Traded in my '17 Honda CR-V and haven't even looked back. Love this car! So smooth and not jerky like the CRV. Much quieter and couldn't even approach a Honda with this vehicles capability and value! My wife recently bought herself a ' 19 Elantra and I loved it so much I had to get into Hyundai. But since I'm an SUV person and wanted something bigger, I got the Santa Fe. This car has everything I ever wanted in a car, and then some.
Some noticeable things though: I had a smell of coolant both inside and out for the first 100 or so mileage. Not the usual new car slightly melted plastic smell; but a coolent smell. Now the smell is gone so I'm hoping whatever it was burned off. I looked under and everything, no leaks (thank god!) Another thing I noticed a few times, it would hesitate at times when started in the morning after being off overnight. It wasn't because of cold (garage was 50°+). It doesn't do it all the time but I am monitoring it. Other than that, love my new whip! Would love to here from other new '19 SF owners here as they come about.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also traded in a 2017 Honda CRV Touring. Just too many small problems with the electronics. The S.F. Ultimate is far better SUV in drivability, low noise, faster, better features.
The only thing the CRV did well is better mpg. but that wasn't enough to offset the problems :=(
So far everything is working well with the S.F. my wife loves it :=)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also traded in a 2017 Honda CRV Touring. Just too many small problems with the electronics. The S.F. Ultimate is far better SUV in drivability, low noise, faster, better features.
The only thing the CRV did well is better mpg. but that wasn't enough to offset the problems :=(
So far everything is working well with the S.F. my wife loves it :=)
Yup. I thought the same about mpgs. But I'll give it up if it means not having that soul-sucking CVT transmission. Uugh. And yeah, I could see the small problems beginning with the CRV.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yup. I thought the same about mpgs. But I'll give it up if it means not having that soul-sucking CVT transmission. Uugh. And yeah, I could see the small problems beginning with the CRV.
A few years back I thought I'd want a CRV or RAV4. The CRV had good miles per gallon and interior room but I was concerned about the CVT and now high end models MUST have the tiny turbo. And in northern states there are major problems in that with oil/gas mixing a huge mess. So I never even drove a 2018 CRV. http://www.hondaproblems.com/oil-dilution/ The RAV4 was a pull since my son has one (and I have a gen 7 Camry) but I really wanted some features that re-designed 2019 RAVs have and those are still not available. Oh yes, RAV4 LTDs have fake leather and no Android Auto, huh? Our loaded 6 year old Camry has real leather for that kinda money!

I bought our 2019 Santa Fe AWD Limited 7 weeks ago and am happy so far. It's our first Hyundai, we have the 2.4L, living in the flat midwest we have plenty of oomph esp in Sport mode, no plans to tow. Wanted the safety features, a much nicer roomier interior than our Grand Cherokee had (used to tow a boat so a GC made sense then but they are > $12k more these days for same features although do like their Pentastart v6). We initially looked at the SF SEL, wanted heated seats but a great deal on an incoming dealer swap got me the Limited for not much more and the LED headlights convince me too, plus my wife liked the real leather seats. The Hyundai warranty was a draw too, so if reliability holds out (like we are spoiled with in our Camry) I hope to be a happy SF owner 10 years from now too.

I'm not as worried about SF MPGs getting mid 20s city, after having a Jeep GC that got 14 in town, 19+ on the freeway. This Santa Fe got 28-30 in a pure 70 mph entrance to exit freeway trip. We have averaged just over 22 in town with a lot of cold weather MyHyundai remote starts this early winter, that dropped to 17 in a fast Sport mode city 10 mi zoom to church last week - it was kinda fun since usually use Comfort or Smart mode which are pretty tame. This week the SF gets its first oil change, not only for post breakin at 1000 mi but I noticed the oil level is almost an inch over the top mark so going to be sure they only do 5.09 quarts and see where that's at on the dipstick.

I'm glad we finally got a 2019+ specific group here, this should grow over time and I tend to pay a lot of attention the first couple years in a new vehicle, then hit and miss but always good when problems crop up too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm glad others are pleased with their purchase. I purchased a Santa Fe Ultimate in late August. Like the vehicle. My only complaint is like RobSanatFe19: Another thing I noticed a few times, it would hesitate at times when started in the morning after being off overnight. It wasn't because of cold (garage was 50°+). It doesn't do it all the time but I am monitoring it.
My Santa Fe has also had 2 occurrences where it struggled to start first thing in the morning. The starter cranks for about 10-15 seconds, sounds like it is not firing on all cylinders, and will eventually start. Mine is also garaged so cold should not be a factor. Took it in to the dealer the first time it occurred, but they could not find any codes. I'm also monitoring. RobSantaFe19, is this what you are also experiencing?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm glad others are pleased with their purchase. I purchased a Santa Fe Ultimate in late August. Like the vehicle. My only complaint is like RobSanatFe19: Another thing I noticed a few times, it would hesitate at times when started in the morning after being off overnight. It wasn't because of cold (garage was 50°+). It doesn't do it all the time but I am monitoring it.
My Santa Fe has also had 2 occurrences where it struggled to start first thing in the morning. The starter cranks for about 10-15 seconds, sounds like it is not firing on all cylinders, and will eventually start. Mine is also garaged so cold should not be a factor. Took it in to the dealer the first time it occurred, but they could not find any codes. I'm also monitoring. RobSantaFe19, is this what you are also experiencing?
I never took mine in for fear that they would tell me that "nothings wrong" like they did to you. It is very strange, but it hasn't done it for a while now. I don't know if it will start doing it again though, so I have to keep an eye on it. If it does it too much more, I'll no choice but to take it in. Obviously something is making this happen though. Anyone reading this, please feel free to comment on it as well. Still loving Sarah. 😊

1 - 7 of 7 Posts