Hyundai Santa Fe Enthusiast Talk and Discussion Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!
First post on this forum. Bought my second Santa Fe (TM) (8sp auto 2.2L CRD) about a year ago after 5 faultless years with a DM series (6sp 2.2L diesel). Looking forward to seeing what others are up to with their vehicles.
I sincerely hope you are all safe in this dreadful time of pandemic.
cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:grin Living in Queensland...an area 2 1/2 times the size of Texas ...offers opportunities from rain forest to stony desert to explore. There are three main problems with the Santa Fe: lack of ground clearance; the size of the fuel tank and this seeming obsession with designers to equip vehicles with ever larger wheels! I'm not interested in hard core off-roading. But many outback roads here are quite corrugated and fuel supplies are not always available. There are many fine beaches to camp at, only a couple of hours from my front door ....the world heritage Fraser Island for example..... however on arrival, it requires a lot of sand driving and at least 8 to 9 in clearance and a decent skid plate under the engine sump and transmission. So a 50mm (2") front lift is the first item of business. Then I need to find some 16" rims with correct PCD and offset to enable me to fit higher profile AT tyres (tires:wink) which I can "air down"...not the HT low profile on 18 rims it currently has as 'original equipment'. I will maybe get some 17" Hyundai rims as a compromise.... The fuel tank in my diesel is 71L (about 18gal US). A 90L (23gal US) would be ideal!
After all...what's the point of promoting the HITrac AWD system if the vehicle bottoms out due to lack of clearance....

Anyway a man has to have a hobby ...after all ...I once owned Land Rovers :devil...but age catches up ... after retirement and I am mightily impressed with the Hyundai systems engineering underpinning the current Santa Fe... In a different thread I'll explain how to add driving lights such that the existing switches can be utilised to operate them without having to drill/screw/add more switches to the dashboard...I did this on my DM model.
I noted your CARID 2" lift offering...I'm presuming this is a generic "bushing" which fits the TM series Santa Fe?
Thank you for your reply
Cheers
PS if all these proposed mods come to nought...I'll wait and see what Hyundai offers with their forthcoming dual cab ute (pickup) with a straight-six diesel engine...it might just be the ticket to what I'm after...I hope it's not too long in coming...time's running out!!:eek

1 - 3 of 3 Posts