Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read through the posts from February and I am very grateful for the data there. I am mechanically inclined and have a fair sense of understanding how things operate. My question derives from wanting to have the capability of purchasing my own equipment and conducting my own service at home - for my car. I have seen a few videos online describing the need for cleaning GDI injection as it gets filthy over time. The majority of the data I have received has shown that you disconnect the fuel pump fuse and attach the injector cleaning tool to the engine and pressurize it with air to the fuel system pressure. I believe I could do this job myself and it looks straight forward. Does anyone have the following information:

1. Where exactly would I hook the fuel injector cleaner to?
2. What is the fuel system pressure to set the device at? I have heard 50 to 60 psi, however, I would assume that that amount of variance is high - I would expect like 53psi for an example.

Can anyone assist? This is for a 2017 Santa Fe Sport with a 2.4l engine. Pictures pointing to the location would be very cool too. Thank you in advance. Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Easypesy

I just used some intake and valve cleaner on my 2017 and it runs like new. Each brand of cleaner has slightly different instructions so follow manufacturers instructions. There are several utube videos that show what you need to do. Just don’t spray the MAS sensor. Good luck👍🏻

1 - 3 of 3 Posts