Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with the 2.0T smell gas when pulling the crankcase dipstick to check the oil?
Anyone see the level on the dipstick show higher than the last time you checked the oil?
Anyone have the oil analyzed?
Anyone think that an oil analysis showing a percentage of fuel at 4.8% is acceptable?
Anyone feel that this is normal with only 1800 miles on the oil with an engine with less than 7000 miles.?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fuel in the Oil

No way that’s normal. Get to dealship ASAP. Never saw that on mine.
Been to the dealer with the problem. They tested the fuel pressure to the injectors and judged the pressure normal.

What I’m told over and over is that fuel will enter the crankcase in the GDI engines during excessive idling and short trips that don’t bring the engine up to operating temperature.
I’m not guilty of either of those excuses for the fuel in the oil.

So for now I change the oil between 2,000 and 3,000 miles.

I did mail the last 3 oil analysis reports to the dealer’s service manager and requested that they be added to my file.
When the engine eventually fails there will be a record. They didn’t reply.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Contacted Corporate and they made an appointment for me at my selling dealer.

I spent 2 hours at the dealer. It appears that I’m not alone with this problem.
The feeling I got during a conversation with the service people is that I’m not alone with this problem.
And that there is no definite fix to correct the fact that gas gets in the oil.

The dealer contacted a Hyundai engineer while we waited and decided to try to end this by replacing the high pressure fuel pump.

The dealer received the new pump a few days later and will do the replacement in 4 days.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Contacted Corporate and they made an appointment for me at my selling dealer.

I spent 2 hours at the dealer. It appears that I’m not alone with this problem.
The feeling I got during a conversation with the service people is that I’m not alone with this problem.
And that there is no definite fix to correct the fact that gas gets in the oil.

The dealer contacted a Hyundai engineer while we waited and decided to try to end this by replacing the high pressure fuel pump.

The dealer received the new pump a few days later and will do the replacement in 4 days.
New pump didn’t change anything. Now with 11,000+ the latest oil analysis showed over 5% dilution. Been in contact with corporate and have another dealer appointment in 5 days. Hyundai turned down buying the Santa Fe back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wtf!? Well of course they turned down buying the vehicle back. They don’t want a lemon. And speaking of lemon, you go back a third time with the same issue and, if I’m not mistaken, it will fall under “ The lemon law.”
Looking into it will behoove you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.