Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone check their actual fuel economy against the lie-o-meter. 2021 SF limited turbo.
Yes i have checked and its off by about 2mpg. I basically do the math. Fill up gas tank and write down miles. Then when i am down to like 1/8 tank i fill it up and write the mileage and gas used to fill up. The lie o meter told me 30mpg and the math told me 28mpg. Also when i fill up gas tank and the gas pumper stops i am still able to add like $2 more gas. And i drive a 2021 santa fe hybrid limited

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 2019 SF Ultimate 2.4 (non-turbo) and have tracked the gas mileage since new. Consistently the lie-o-meter on the dash is 1.5 to 3 mpg more than actual. If it reads 28 for an average on the dash, the best I'll see is 26.5 or below. Been this way since I bought it and have over 31K miles so far.... It is pretty easy to track if you use a fuel tracking app like Fuelly (fuelly.com) or similar. The apps are also a good place to see how you compare to others who report actual miles and gallons used.

I've tried to get the dealer to address it but to no avail. I know there is an engineering mode on the engine computer where it can be adjusted, if only we knew how to get into it. (this is not the same as engineering mode on the radio) My F150 was also off until someone posted on a forum how to adjust the calculations in the engineering mode, now it is within .3 mpg on each fill-up.

I struggle to make the EPA estimates on the window sticker. Something to consider is the method used to test MPG for the EPA. The highway testing process averages about 56 mph, not 70, 75 or 80 as most states allow on the highway. Most vehicles find a sweet spot on mileage between about 45 mph and 65 mph. Anything faster than that, and mpg's drop quickly. Again, look at the fuel tracking apps to see what people are really getting if it is a major concern.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts