Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up my new Hyundai Santa Fe on Friday. Has anyone purchased a Hyundai extended warranty? Does it have to be purchased from the dealer or can it be purchase on line?

Asking because of all the electronics like the touch screens and other items controlled by the computer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought one through Hyundai on my 19 Santa Fe SEL AWD. It was about $700 and took the 10yr/100k powertrain and 5yr/60k bumper to bumper to both being 10yr/100k. The extended warranty also covers some things that might be covered by the manufacturer and started day 1 not when the factory warranty expires. I figured if it pays for 1 thing over the next 10yrs it will have more than paid for itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ext warr

Picking up my new Hyundai Santa Fe on Friday. Has anyone purchased a Hyundai extended warranty? Does it have to be purchased from the dealer or can it be purchase on line?

Asking because of all the electronics like the touch screens and other items controlled by the computer.
I saw this a few weeks ago but got locked out because my PW wasn't accepted. And today the same PW worked, go figure?
Anyway, when I bought my SF Limited a year ago the local dealer didn't offer Hyundai warranties and wanted almost $2k for an off brand service contract company so I declined. They did say I could buy a Hyundai plan by 3/36 which is the first time full coverage starts dropping and even then it's just the car battery that falls off (I'd read that the center console drops then but the dealer confirmed that's covered until 5/60).

I've seen a lot better prices like the $700 above and others getting a full Platinum Hyundai plan around $1200-1500 to 10/120 so I'm going to hold off and see how this vehicle runs. I may also trade around 9 years and 99k mi too, time will tell. I got my money back on a few service contracts on Chrysler/Jeep products but only $600 in covered repairs so far out of $1200 spent for a Toyota Camry VSC that expires next Spring.

GL on your decision.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought the Hyundai dealer extended warranty because my 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate has too many bells and whistles on it. I like all the features but worry about the tech.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have them...

...spell it out for you. It is very vague. I am now asking my dealership to explain everything it covers including the manufacture warranty. Interesting enough they suggested an alignment $170.00 and after doing research Io believe my extended warranty covers that where they made no mention to me.
I am now seeing the honeymoon period is over . No more service reminders, no service follow up surveys. And the list goes on and on. Horrible marriage. Lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did the same thing with my 2020 Ultimate. I'm not one who usually goes into extended warranties on anything but, with the computers and high level tech this car has, I decided to go for it. I intend to keep it for 10 years so I think it was a good decision. Having all those bells and whistles is nice, but there's another side to it. The more you have, the more that can go wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts