Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My mk2 SF had an issue with the cruise control so I replaced the clock spring.

I don't think I snapped it in correctly. The cruise control worked but the ESP light came on 10 miles down the road.

I got home and checked the steering wheel was straight etc but this morning, nothing worked on the steering wheel.

I put the old clock spring back on and examined the cheap one I bought. It was knackered.

But now, the ESP light is always on, as soon as I start the car.

Any ideas please?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Registered
If the light comes on and stays on, it either indicates that the ESP system has a fault or has been turned off, so you'll need to get the system checked at a garage or turn it back on 馃殬馃挕馃洜

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've fixed it and managed to fix it myself. I bought a Autel MD608pro diagnostics tool as I figured that the steering angle sensor might need resetting. This tool is capable of doing this. It's all sorted now.

I'm sure that this diagnostics tool will prove it's worth.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Registered
I know this is an old post. But in my 2009 Santa Fe this light came on some times and then more and more, until it started to have ABS light on and strange thing happend and the car stopped without any more power on the battery. I had changed the battery, bit it turned out that it was a bad generator. Replaced the generator and the ESP light problem was solved :) It was like that for 5-6 months so the generator must have been bad for some time before it was finaly broken.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts