Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 Santa Fe Hybrid

I've had the car for 5 months now, about 5500 miles. I've had several incidents where the vehicle will automatically brake for a quick second and sound the alarm on the dash and it reads "Emergency Braking Activated". Then it goes away. Most of the time I was on the freeway, in my lane, and the cars in the area were not close enough to correctly activate this. Such as a car in front of my about 8 car lengths cruising at the same speed.

One time I was in the fast lane, doing 65, the freeway makes a slight curve to the right [405 south at Bolsa Chica, Garden Grove, CA as a reference]. They are doing construction there so the K-barrier is near the fast lane, I thought it might have been that. But it's also done it going straight, again with no cars close enough to me where it should have engaged.

Has anyone experience a system problem with the Emergency Braking automated system?

·
Registered
2 Posts
2021 Santa Fe Hybrid

I've had the car for 5 months now, about 5500 miles. I've had several incidents where the vehicle will automatically brake for a quick second and sound the alarm on the dash and it reads "Emergency Braking Activated". Then it goes away. Most of the time I was on the freeway, in my lane, and the cars in the area were not close enough to correctly activate this. Such as a car in front of my about 8 car lengths cruising at the same speed.

One time I was in the fast lane, doing 65, the freeway makes a slight curve to the right [405 south at Bolsa Chica, Garden Grove, CA as a reference]. They are doing construction there so the K-barrier is near the fast lane, I thought it might have been that. But it's also done it going straight, again with no cars close enough to me where it should have engaged.

Has anyone experience a system problem with the Emergency Braking automated system?
2019 Santa Fe SEL HTRAK. Dec 26 2021 on I40 E in NM (in the middle of nowhere)on SCC @ 70 MPH, no other vehicles or objects in sight, harsh braking automatically applied with dash "Emergency Braking Activated". Took it to dealer, no code, no fault found, has not done it since BUT now have 2 recent (Jan 10 2022 and Jan 17 2022) DTC's C136081 for SCC. Have it booked in For 02/14/2022, hopefully there will be mode of the same codes with more freeze frame data to view. I believe the FCC and SCC are related, both apply the brakes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts