Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having this issue intermittently since I got my 2022 Santa Fe Hybrid Limited in November. The majority of the time everything functions as it should where I approach the vehicle and put my hand on the drivers door and the doors will unlock. However sometimes I will approach the drivers door put my hand on the drivers door and the door will not unlock but the mirrors will extend so it senses I am in front of the car. At that point if I push the button on the door handle the doors will lock each time I push the button but will not unlock. The only way I can open the car when this happens to push the button on the remote and then the door opens fine. Has anyone else experienced this or knows how to resolve this issue? Thank you.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid Limited
1 Posts
I have been having this issue intermittently since I got my 2022 Santa Fe Hybrid Limited in November. The majority of the time everything functions as it should where I approach the vehicle and put my hand on the drivers door and the doors will unlock. However sometimes I will approach the drivers door put my hand on the drivers door and the door will not unlock but the mirrors will extend so it senses I am in front of the car. At that point if I push the button on the door handle the doors will lock each time I push the button but will not unlock. The only way I can open the car when this happens to push the button on the remote and then the door opens fine. Has anyone else experienced this or knows how to resolve this issue? Thank you.
There are several forum threads around and about that discuss different behaviors when attempting to lock and/or unlock the doors by touching the appropriate areas around the handle.

The best advice I can give is to insert your hand down in the gap between the handle and the door with your thumb alongside your index finger. This prevents your thumb from coming into contact with the outside of the handle where the "unlock" sensor location is. Similarly, when locking the car I simply touch the outside of the door handle with the back of my hand.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've fought this issue on our 2021 SF 2.5T. I talked to the service writer last time I was in for oil change. There are two buttons on the door handle, one on the outside and one on the inside.
Usually, our door will unlock automatically when approaching the door (key fob in pocket). If the door doesn't unlock, touching the button in the INSIDE of the handle unlocks the door.

When leaving the car, touching the button on the OUTSIDE of the door handle will lock the doors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts