Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-
I am new to this forum.I have a 2014 Hyundai Santa FE Sport Turbo with AWD- a great car with only 46,500 miles. We drive about 5000 miles a year, mostly around town.

Car is running great. Manual says to change plugs at 45000 miles. Two mechanics in my area say if car is working well- wait to change plugs (even with the turbo).

Car is out of warranty.

Curious to know what think- would you replace plugs or wait a while?

I may be selling car in the next 5000 miles.

Thanks............LJ

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think it's best to change your sparkplugs if they are not replaced, various engine issues will arise. When the spark plugs do not spark adequately, the combustion of the air/fuel mixture becomes incomplete leading to loss of engine power, and in the worst case scenario the engine will not run.

if you are still undecided, take it to mechanic get it check and ask for opinion

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi-
I am new to this forum.I have a 2014 Hyundai Santa FE Sport Turbo with AWD- a great car with only 46,500 miles. We drive about 5000 miles a year, mostly around town.

Car is running great. Manual says to change plugs at 45000 miles. Two mechanics in my area say if car is working well- wait to change plugs (even with the turbo).

Car is out of warranty.

Curious to know what think- would you replace plugs or wait a while?

I may be selling car in the next 5000 miles.

Thanks............LJ
If it were me I would have changed the plugs at 40K. Since you are planning to sell the car, do it now. One less thing for new buyer to compain about. Very old school am I. New buyer will also check engine filter. Change that too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts