Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to carry a kayak on the roof of a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate. I am looking for crossbars that fit the flush-mounted rails of a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate. The instructions for the Hyundai OEM crossbars for the 2019 Santa Fe say that the crossbars are not compatible with the panoramic sunroof! So what options are available for installing crossbars on a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I want to carry a kayak on the roof of a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate. I am looking for crossbars that fit the flush-mounted rails of a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate. The instructions for the Hyundai OEM crossbars for the 2019 Santa Fe say that the crossbars are not compatible with the panoramic sunroof! So what options are available for installing crossbars on a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate?
I'm having the same problem. The dealers agreed to throw those in when I bought the car, but alas, they are not available yet.

If you check for roof rack 2019 santa fe on etrailer.com ( I would post a link, but can't since I'm a new member), you will find a couple (Thule). My dealer wouldn't spring for those, so now I have to wait until the OEM version is finally released.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm having the same problem. The dealers agreed to throw those in when I bought the car, but alas, they are not available yet.

If you check for roof rack 2019 santa fe on etrailer.com ( I would post a link, but can't since I'm a new member), you will find a couple (Thule). My dealer wouldn't spring for those, so now I have to wait until the OEM version is finally released.
Thanks for the link to etrailer.com. Those Thule crossbars are really expensive and include this warning: "Thule does not recommend opening, venting, or retracting the sunroof/moonroof/glass roof while the rack is mounted. Damage to the glass and/or opening mechanism can occur."

Did your dealer confirm that a new version of the Hyundai crossbars would be compatible the panoramic sunroof?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the link to etrailer.com. Those Thule crossbars are really expensive and include this warning: "Thule does not recommend opening, venting, or retracting the sunroof/moonroof/glass roof while the rack is mounted. Damage to the glass and/or opening mechanism can occur."

Did your dealer confirm that a new version of the Hyundai crossbars would be compatible the panoramic sunroof?
I saw that. Shouldn't be a huge deal as long as you don't open the sunroof, although I wonder if the Hyundai model let's you do that. My dealer said that the bars for our cars aren't released yet. I only saw the non-pano bars available for the '19s. I've decided to wait until they come out so the dealer can make good on their promise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts