Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate, the sunroof of which began squeaking and creaking after ~ 8 months. F
Dealer Service Visit 1: The supposed repair stated that the sunroof was re-aligned--did not help at all.
Visit 2: Service foreman said Hyundai had tempered some of the sunroof glass incorrectly and replaced the entire sunroof glass--made the problem worse.

Has anyone else had an issue with the Hyundai sunroof creaking and if so, did you find a fix?

Thank you, Andy G

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello All,

I have a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate, the sunroof of which began squeaking and creaking after ~ 8 months. F
Dealer Service Visit 1: The supposed repair stated that the sunroof was re-aligned--did not help at all.
Visit 2: Service foreman said Hyundai had tempered some of the sunroof glass incorrectly and replaced the entire sunroof glass--made the problem worse.

Has anyone else had an issue with the Hyundai sunroof creaking and if so, did you find a fix?

Thank you, Andy G
Hi Andy,
There is a menu item to reset it. With the steering wheel buttons, go to the User Settings Mode, scroll down to Service Interval and select it. There is a menu option to reset the interval (you can also adjust if if you desire).

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem. Scheduled an appointment. If it doesn't help I will apply a rubber conditioner. Some people are saying it helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello All,

Thank you, Andy G
I have a 2019 santa fe as well, sometimes mine makes a creaking noise and sometimes it does not. I think that the sound is weather related. I have used silicon spray (comes in a can and you can get it at autozone or oreillys) and sprayed it on the rubber trim that seals the sun roof when it closes.

Just open the roof, stand on both seats so you are in between and just spray the rubber. If you get it on your paint just wipe it away Don't let it bake!

It helps. Sometimes after I wash it i kinda hear it come back but then again, if it is hot or cold the sound goes away or stays. Good luck anon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts