Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 Santa Fe with 50K miles. I have some clunking going on both sides. I am thinking either the lower control arm or both bushings are bad on the struts. Has anyone had similar issues at this mileage? I may replace the struts as I seem to feel they are a bit "mushy" and I prefer a firmer ride. Does anyone make a heavy duty strut for our cars like a Rancho 5000?

·
Registered
9 Posts
This noise is normal, I have seen it on many fwd suv's. It's because of the weight of the engines and being fwd, it's just gear chatter from the axels, mostly does it when backing up and then going to Drive. It's better to come to a complete stop and then put into gear. Alot of fwd vehicles will always do it no matter what

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also as far as front struts and rear shocks go, KWB seems to be the only ones who make anything usefull for the 07. Rancho makes nothing for the 07

·
Registered
20 Posts
Could be many things:
Strut bearing
Ball joint
Sway bar bushings
Control arms
etc.

Did you figure it out?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not alot of miles (50k) but if used in bumpy area, could be worn front end links (vertical ones). Easy to change. Also check ball joints. In my sons case (Toyota) similar clunking going over bumps and we looked and looked until we found a broken spring. If you have your car up on jacks, grab and shake each front spring (carefully) to make sure one hasn't cracked. Earlier models had an issue with springs that would crack and possibly puncture a tire, Hyundai installed guards for free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts